Detective From 75 Pct. With 37 OTJ Pulls The Pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detective From 75 Pct. With 37 OTJ Pulls The Pin

An NYPD homicide detective who worked more than 400 murder cases in a Brooklyn precinct dubbed the “Killing Ground” will retire on Friday after 37 years.

Mark Brooks, 60, is stepping down from the 75th Precinct, which includes the East New York neighborhood, where he’s spent his entire policing career.
    https://nypost.com/2021/11/25/nypd-h...fter-37-years/

Good luck brother. Get healthy and collect those pension checks for as long as possible.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
    George Orwell

Comment

His numbers must be awesome.

Comment

A seasoned “gumshoe” fleeing the coop for greener pastures! Enjoy! 😁👍

I would never raise my voice because it’s frightening to people. Instead, I would calmly state "my name is Kenda from the Police Department; you are under arrest for murder. If you don’t do what I say, I’m gonna kill you right here, right now!" - Lt. Joe Kenda - Homicide Hunter

Comment

I was fortunate enough to have known him on a few cases. Very nice guy as well as a great detective

Comment

Godspeed Brother-come on and join US here.
            ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. THEN GOD CREATED DESTROYER SAILORS.

Comment

I can't help but think of the scumbag "cops" from that Precinct who made that documentary the 75th Pct. and look at this Detective's exemplary work. May he live to be 100!

Comment

To your health and many years of pension checks
                Act like prey and you will surely be hunted.

Comment

Eat right, sleep right, get to a gym, and collect as many pension checks as possible.

Comment

Lawdog138 I applaud his dedication, however, me personally, I rather have those 17 years back

Comment

Originally posted by 6three4ever View Post
                      Lawdog138 I applaud his dedication, however, me personally, I rather have those 17 years back
                      Agreed. 20 and out for me.

Comment

I am retired a few years now and I have 0 complaints or regrets in doing so. I just couldn't see giving this job 17 more years than I have to. Too much fun to be had with friends and family that no additional money could ever replace.

Comment

Working...
                        X