No announcement yet.

ODU Professor ‘Queer’ Academic Denounces Stigma Against Pedophiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This perverted savages is being savaged on the campus by students and local residents.

NY Post-Virginia prof under fire after saying sexual attraction to children isn’t always immoral

By
    Joshua Rhett Miller
    November 15, 2021 3:14pm
    Allyn Walker claims labeling anyone wholly by their sexual desires doesn't indicate anything about their morality.YouTubeMORE ON:PEDOPHILES
    An assistant professor at a Virginia university is taking heat for saying it isn’t necessarily immoral for adults to be sexually attracted to children — prompting college officials to put out a statement clarifying the claim.

Allyn Walker, who teaches sociology and criminal justice at Old Dominion University, made the controversial comment while discussing “minor-attracted persons” and pedophiles during a Nov. 8 interview with the Prostasia Foundation, a San Francisco-based child protection organization.

Walker was discussing their book, “A Long Dark Shadow: Minor-Attracted People and Their Pursuit of Dignity,” when he insisted it’s important to use that terminology instead of “pedophile” because it’s less stigmatizing.

“A lot of people when they hear the term ‘pedophile,’ they automatically assume that it means a sex offender, and that isn’t true,” Walker said during the 28-minute interview. “And it leads to a lot of misconceptions about attractions towards minors.”

Walker acknowledged use of term “minor-attracted persons” — or MAPs — suggests to some that it’s OK to be attracted to children, but said labeling anyone wholly by their sexual desires doesn’t indicate anything about their morality.
    Allyn Walker’s book discusses using the term “minor-attracted persons” instead of “pedophile” because it is less stigmatizing.Amazon
    “From my perspective, there is no morality or immorality attached to attraction to anyone because no one can control who they’re attracted to at all,” Walker said. “In other words, it’s not who we’re attracted to that’s either OK or not OK. It’s our behaviors in responding to that attraction that are either OK or not OK.”

Walker said child sex abuse is “never, ever OK,” but that having sexual urges toward children isn’t necessarily wrong — as long as those carnal desires aren’t acted upon.

“We have a tendency to want to categorize people with these attractions as evil or morally corrupt,” Walker continued. “But when we’re talking about non-offending MAPs, these are people who have an attraction they didn’t ask for.”

Walker said non-offending MAPs by definition do not sexually abuse children, thus making their behavior clearly distinct from that of pedophiles.

“So, their behaviors are moral,” Walker said. “But they’re still being subjected to this same idea that they’re bad people and they’ve often internalized that for themselves.”

Walker caused blowback online after being shared on Twitter as someone trying to “normalize” adults who are attracted to juveniles. The assistant professor also put out a joint statement Saturday with Old Dominion University clarifying the remarks.

“I want to be clear: child sexual abuse is an inexcusable crime,” Walker said. “As an assistant professor of sociology and criminal justice, the goal of my research is to prevent crime.”
    This non-binary assistant professor at Old Dominion University is trying to normalize the term MAP (Minor Attracted Persons) pic.twitter.com/riD6TdIt8k

— Libs of Tik Tok (@libsoftiktok) November 12, 2021

Walker said the views shared during the interviews followed experience and advocacy as a social worker counseling victims of sexual violence.

“I embarked on this research in hopes of gaining understanding of a group that, previously, has not been studied in order to identify ways to protect children,” Walker continued.

But ODU officials distanced themselves from Walker’s take.

“Following recent social media activity and direct outreach to the institution, it is important to share that Old Dominion, as a caring and inclusive community, does not endorse or promote crimes against children or any form of criminal activity,” ODU’s statement read.
    “Old Dominion, as a caring and inclusive community, does not endorse or promote crimes against children or any form of criminal activity,” an official statement from the university read.John Greim/LightRocket via Getty Images
    Walker, who did not immediately return a message seeking further comment by The Post, has taught at Old Dominion since 2019, WTKR reported.

Some students at the public university in Norfolk, meanwhile, said they were disturbed by Walker’s comments.

“Honestly, it just sounds gross,” student Jaelan Jackson told WTKR. “Just because you’re not acting on it, to acknowledge it is weird and not OK at all. It feels uncomfortable to know that someone’s like that on campus.”

A Change.org petition signed by more than 1,600 people as of Monday called on ODU to oust Walker.

“Dr. Walker uses the term ‘MAP,’ which is an umbrella term for minor attracted persons,” the petition reads. “We want to be clear that this is pedophilia and should not be considered a sexual preference. Being that they teach in the sociology and criminal justice department makes us worried their views will effect the next generation in a negative way.”
    ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. THEN GOD CREATED DESTROYER SAILORS.

Comment

I don’t like MAP so much, I prefer RTB, room temperature body.

Comment

Perv's just perving

Professor's controversial interview defending 'minor-attracted persons' prompts statement from school

The Old Dominion professor wrote a book titled, 'A Long Dark Shadow: Minor-Attracted People and Their Pursuit of Dignity'

By Emma Colton | Fox NewsFox News Flash top headlines for November 16

Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com.

Old Dominion University issued a statement saying it does not "promote crimes against children" after one of its professors made comments attempting to normalize the phrase "minor-attracted persons."

"Following recent social media activity and direct outreach to the institution, it is important to share that Old Dominion, as a caring and inclusive community, does not endorse or promote crimes against children or any form of criminal activity," a statement released by the Virginia university said.

NORFOLK, VIRGINIA, UNITED STATES - 2015/07/18: Old Dominion University. (Photo by John Greim/LightRocket via Getty Images) (John Greim/LightRocket via Getty Images))

The statement comes after one of its associate professors of sociology and criminal justice, Allyn Walker, said in a Nov. 8 interview that people can be attracted to children without acting on it.

YOGA STUDIES COLLEGE PROFESSOR ORDERS STUDENTS TO USE GENDER PRONOUNS ON ASSIGNMENTS OR GRADES TAKE A HIT

"It’s less stigmatizing than other terms like pedophile," Walker said in the interview with the Prostasia Foundation. "A lot of people when they hear the term pedophile, they automatically assume that it means a sex offender. And that isn’t true. And it leads to a lot of misconceptions about attractions toward minors."

The interview focused on Walker’s book, "A Long Dark Shadow: Minor-Attracted People and Their Pursuit of Dignity," which is described as "a study of non-offending, minor-attracted persons."

"An academic community plays a valuable role in the quest for knowledge. A vital part of this is being willing to consider scientific and other empirical data that may involve controversial issues and perspectives," Old Dominion added in its statement.

Walker said in his interview that it’s "never OK to abuse a child," and reiterated that point in a quote that was included in the university’s statement.

NORFOLK, VIRGINIA, UNITED STATES - 2015/07/18: Old Dominion University. (Photo by John Greim/LightRocket via Getty Images) (John Greim/LightRocket via Getty Images)

"I want to be clear: child sexual abuse is an inexcusable crime. As an assistant professor of sociology and criminal justice, the goal of my research is to prevent crime. My work is informed by my past experience and advocacy as a social worker counseling victims. I embarked on this research in hopes of gaining understanding of a group that, previously, has not been studied in order to identify ways to protect children," Walker said.

COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY EMPLOYEES CAN BE DISMISSED FOR USING WRONG PRONOUNS

Walker’s interview has meanwhile sparked outrage on campus and social media.

"I was very surprised and shocked. I actually didn’t believe it until I saw it on Twitter," Andrew Lambakis, the president of the ODU College Republicans, told WVEC. "I’m actually thinking about planning a peaceful protest against Allyn Walker."

"Honestly it just sounds gross. Just because you’re not acting on it, to acknowledge it is weird and not OK at all. It feels uncomfortable to know that someone’s like that on campus," Jaelan Jackson, an Old Dominion student, added.

Comment

Perv Prof placed on administrative leave by ODU president. Hint hint, new Governor ain't gonna play with the tards.

Comment

So this day, the students and probably some staff as well as locals plastered ODU properties all over saying-no pedo's at ODU. No pedo's on staff. Even the Gay and Lesbian's posted things in chalk on sidewalks and on building sides the same thing. Is the tide turning???
            How long till the ODPew president is fired? How long till the pedo prof's boss is shitte canned??? As well as the pedo lover prof???

Comment

What was done when this pedo prof first made it known how he felt, a local article was authored. From that Article it went to Thee Rant and The LE Rant and from there to the NY Post and then Fox News as well as local TV stations that failed to answer hard questions, the snowflakes they are. And three days later the prof is probably gonna get let go. Department heads and the University President will likely go under a Youngkin administration. If that happens, it is a clean sweep for normal America. Even Gay and Lesbians are outraged by this guy and his beliefs. Is the tide turning?

Comment

The biggest loudest warning signs that our culture is about to implode or even disintegrate is when Christian values are mocked and derided, but deviancy is lauded and given moral supremacy.

And then we look at our own biblical history and wonder why stoning was ever practiced.
                "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
                George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by HAPD View Post
                  What was done when this pedo prof first made it known how he felt, a local article was authored. From that Article it went to Thee Rant and The LE Rant and from there to the NY Post and then Fox News as well as local TV stations that failed to answer hard questions, the snowflakes they are. And three days later the prof is probably gonna get let go. Department heads and the University President will likely go under a Youngkin administration. If that happens, it is a clean sweep for normal America. Even Gay and Lesbians are outraged by this guy and his beliefs. Is the tide turning?
                  Not even sure it's a guy.
                  "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
                  George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Dustoff262 View Post

Not even sure it's a guy.
                    I think I saw older pictures of this roundhead. It appears it’s a she that’s turning into a guy. That or his parents gave him an IV full of hormone blockers as a baby.

Comment

I would not want to stand before God and tell him I harmed the most innocent of his creations . I still remember being dumbfounded when I learned about NAMBLA when I was a young Cop . I could not believe they were legal , and I still cant .

Comment

Originally posted by keltec View Post
                        I would not want to stand before God and tell him I harmed the most innocent of his creations . I still remember being dumbfounded when I learned about NAMBLA when I was a young Cop . I could not believe they were legal , and I still cant .
                        There is not a person on this board, regardless of their political persuasion that wouldn’t beat to death with their own bare hands someone that victimizes a child, especially if that child was theirs. For something like that? I’m not afraid of jail. Just keep my commissary account full is all I ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobsecurity View Post

There is not a person on this board, regardless of their political persuasion that wouldn’t beat to death with their own bare hands someone that victimizes a child, especially if that child was theirs. For something like that? I’m not afraid of jail. Just keep my commissary account full is all I ask.
                          Years ago , a woman ran into a Newark Precinct to say she saw a guy with a 10 yr old in the bushes down the block . So 5 Cops ran out of the station , found the guy making the kid give him a blow job . So they tuned him up just a bit , then put him in a cell . Supposedly they told the other prisoners what he did so they beat him senseless . The POS Police Director Joe Santiago charged all 5 Cops with assaulting the prisoner and other stuff . I met the IA officer that did the job in a class one day and I gave her an earful and told her their Director was a POS for doing that .

So it got to court and the first defense attorney asked the guy what was he doing in the bushes with the kid . The guy had to answer it . The judge dismissed the case the next day . The Cops still faced other charges , the huge cost of the lawyers , 3 got fired as they were rookies . Iam not sure if the others got re-instated .

Comment

Originally posted by keltec View Post

Years ago , a woman ran into a Newark Precinct to say she saw a guy with a 10 yr old in the bushes down the block . So 5 Cops ran out of the station , found the guy making the kid give him a blow job . So they tuned him up just a bit , then put him in a cell . Supposedly they told the other prisoners what he did so they beat him senseless . The POS Police Director Joe Santiago charged all 5 Cops with assaulting the prisoner and other stuff . I met the IA officer that did the job in a class one day and I gave her an earful and told her their Director was a POS for doing that .

So it got to court and the first defense attorney asked the guy what was he doing in the bushes with the kid . The guy had to answer it . The judge dismissed the case the next day . The Cops still faced other charges , the huge cost of the lawyers , 3 got fired as they were rookies . Iam not sure if the others got re-instated .
                            The correct answer from that Police Director should have been, “Don’t blame my cops because you’re clumsy and fell down 20 flights of stairs.”

Comment

networking...

works so great...

over a few cold ones...

keeps the kept cool...

Comment

He is on Administrative Leave until his contract expires in May 2022 and not being renewed

Comment

Working...
                                X