Taiwan Invasion imminent...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taiwan Invasion imminent...

General of the Deep State Milley says he doesn't expect an invasion.
    As our Intel and Military communities seem to miss everything, I suspect the opposite

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2021/11/...invade-taiwan/

The U.S. Military Doesn’t Think China Is Getting Ready to Invade Taiwan

By
    Ethen Kim Lieser
    Published
    41 seconds ago

Image: Creative Commons.

Even as tensions continue to ramp up between the United States and China in the Taiwan Strait, a top U.S. general is doing his part to quell concerns that a potential all-out war could break out in the near future.

General Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said during the Aspen Security Forum on Wednesday that China likely won’t try to militarily seize the island nation of Taiwan within the next couple of years.
    “Based on my analysis of China, I don’t think that it is likely in the near future—being defined as, you know, six, twelve, maybe twenty-four months, that kind of window,” he noted, per Reuters.

“Having said that, though, the Chinese are clearly and unambiguously building the capability to provide those options to the national leadership if they so choose at some point in the future. But near future? Probably not. But anything can happen,” he added.

Chinese Incursions
    However, despite such an outlook, there have been plenty of reports of Chinese incursions into Taiwanese airspace and waters in recent weeks. For example, during Taiwan’s recently held National Day, approximately one hundred fifty Chinese aircraft were seen overhead as a likely warning to Taiwan’s leader Tsai Ing-wen, who long has been adamant that her country “will do whatever it takes to defend itself.”

In an article published by Foreign Affairs, Tsai admitted that she fears there would be “catastrophic consequences” if a war were to break out between the two countries. Taiwan “hopes for peaceful, stable, predictable, and mutually beneficial coexistence with its neighbors. But if its democracy and way of life are threatened, Taiwan will do whatever it takes to defend itself,” she added.
    Dangers of War
    According to a piece published in the Economist, a war between China and Taiwan would indeed be “a catastrophe,” mainly because of the “bloodshed in Taiwan” but also the increasing risk of “escalation between two nuclear powers” that are the United States and China.
    “Beijing massively outguns Taiwan, with estimates from the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute showing that China spends about twenty-five times more on its military. However, Taiwan has a defense pact with the U.S. dating back to the 1954 Sino-American Mutual Defense Treaty, meaning the U.S. could, in theory, be drawn into the conflict,” The Week writes.
    Furthermore, in a recent op-ed published in the Guardian, Daniel Davis, a former lieutenant colonel with the U.S. Army, warned of a possible “nuclear exchange” if a war eventually breaks out.
    “Before war comes to the Indo-Pacific and Washington faces pressure to fight a potentially existential war, American policymakers must face the cold, hard reality that fighting China over Taiwan risks an almost-certain military defeat—and gambles we won’t stumble into a nuclear war,” he writes.

You just know the Bi-Dung dynasty will simply throw it's hands in the air and say, "Oh well!" when, not if, the balloon goes up and Taiwan takes it on the chin. That so-called defense pact will go up in smoke like a magician's flash paper while that zany Uncle Joe eats his ice cream and mumbles about Corn Pop. Methinks Mark Milley might want to go on a crash diet so when he gets thrown under the bus, it isn't too tight of a squeeze.

Comment

They march really pretty.
      "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
      George Orwell

Comment

Just show those Chinese female soldiers the size of the American males penis and they'd join US.
        ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. THEN GOD CREATED DESTROYER SAILORS.

Comment

Short skirts and high boots. I'd surrender immediately 🤩
          Alas, they were Democrats, so they cheated.

Comment

Relax. China is not ready for an invasion of Taiwan yet. It’s saber rattling and attempts to make Taiwan’s defense forces to respond. It taxes Taiwan’s forces by making them respond like scrambling fighter jets and missile defenses. It burns Taiwan’s fuel, equipment, and manpower energy. And China catalogs the response to learn their defenses .
            China does not have the sea lift capacity yet . Yet. Yes, I am including their retro-fit of their civilian vessels.

If we hear that they are building mulberry harbors or large scale rehearsals, then I would worry more. They have little amphibious experience and it would take something about the size of Inchon or D-day to be successful militarily. The plan is more likely to wear down Taiwan until it strains their economy and a more pliable government is elected. Sort of what they did here.

Comment

The only thing that can stop China is NATO forces patrolling the straights. Otherwise China can overwhelm Taiwanese military over a few days.

China is not going to fight a traditional amphibious war you seen in WW2 movies. They will move their human assets in for sabotage, shut down the internet, take over the airports and engage in an air war which would last 48 hrs.

In the meantime, if NATO forces are not responding, then all that China has to do is ride out the objections in the UN.

Taiwan's bigger problem isn't with what china does, but a lackluster response from the Brandon administration.
              Last edited by Dustoff262; 11-05-2021, 07:50 PM.
              "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
              George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by PJ807 View Post
                Short skirts and high boots. I'd surrender immediately 🤩
                But there sure won’t be a happy ending!
                Huge midgets, they must be six feet tall.

Comment

Between Faux President Brandon and Gen. WOKE Milley, we got big problems with Taiwan. As Pogo said, "We have met he enemy, and it is us."

Comment

Originally posted by HAPD View Post
                    Just show those Chinese female soldiers the size of the American males penis and they'd join US.
                    But remember, "Soul Brother too beau coup".

Comment

Originally posted by Pensiontheif View Post
                      Relax. China is not ready for an invasion of Taiwan yet. It’s saber rattling and attempts to make Taiwan’s defense forces to respond. It taxes Taiwan’s forces by making them respond like scrambling fighter jets and missile defenses. It burns Taiwan’s fuel, equipment, and manpower energy. And China catalogs the response to learn their defenses .
                      China does not have the sea lift capacity yet . Yet. Yes, I am including their retro-fit of their civilian vessels.

If we hear that they are building mulberry harbors or large scale rehearsals, then I would worry more. They have little amphibious experience and it would take something about the size of Inchon or D-day to be successful militarily. The plan is more likely to wear down Taiwan until it strains their economy and a more pliable government is elected. Sort of what they did here.
                      +1 An invasion of Taiwan would be telegraphed with a tremendous amount of military buildup appropriate to such an attack. Not only setting up the enormous number of vessels needed to transport the troops to the island, but such an attack would require a pretty serious softening up of Taiwan's defenses using missiles and bombs.

Trust me. When China really is gonna invade that island you'll know!!

Comment

Originally posted by CapeCodOTJ View Post

+1 An invasion of Taiwan would be telegraphed with a tremendous amount of military buildup appropriate to such an attack. Not only setting up the enormous number of vessels needed to transport the troops to the island, but such an attack would require a pretty serious softening up of Taiwan's defenses using missiles and bombs.

Trust me. When China really is gonna invade that island you'll know!!
                        Just keep an eye on the number of Chicom "tourists" headed over there with excessive luggage, those Commies can be very sneaky

Comment

This video is excellent and helps give a timetable. The hypothesis is China has invested HEAVILY into their anti - satellite weaponry. America will deploy a satellite protection system in 2026. China has until THEN to destroy our satellites and invade Taiwan.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobsecurity View Post
                            This video is excellent and helps give a timetable. The hypothesis is China has invested HEAVILY into their anti - satellite weaponry. America will deploy a satellite protection system in 2026. China has until THEN to destroy our satellites and invade Taiwan.
                            I don't have a direct line in to the Chiefs of our military services but I have to believe that the taking out of our satellites in order to blind us would result in a major military retaliation on our part.

Just a wild guess.

Comment

Originally posted by CapeCodOTJ View Post

I don't have a direct line in to the Chiefs of our military services but I have to believe that the taking out of our satellites in order to blind us would result in a major military retaliation on our part.

Just a wild guess.
                              Not with this administration. Biden is compromised 7 different ways to hell.
                              George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                              X