Non political or LE question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non political or LE question

Ok silly question time I went to my doctors yesterday for follow up from some blood work ( she was ecstatic with my numbers ๐Ÿ˜) and I mentioned to her that lately my lower left back side has been hurting when I drive ,she said get a lumbar support pillow for my car.
    My question is does anyone else have one if so what brand and would you recommend it ?
    God Bless Our Troops At Home And Abroad .

I have issues with my left lower back too. I donโ€™t drive with a pillow, I put my heated seat on, so I canโ€™t give advice on pillows. Do stretches, I found these helpful: https://youtu.be/Uwd5w-jjjJs
    Also the PT I take my mom to recommends sitting on a chair with legs wide and putting your hands on a yoga ball in front of you then leaning forward to get a good stretch. Iโ€™ve also done it with a bench in front of me. Muscles wrap around from the leg to the butt to the lower back. One of them might be tight or you donโ€™t use both sides equally.

Comment

Lumbar Support (2 Pack) with Breathable Mesh, Suit for Car, Office Chiar https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MZK2WJK...ing=UTF8&psc=1 This helps for long drives. My truck has a built in back support that I adjust with a button. But this is what I used before. Just be aware your belt will tend to fray the fibers after some time. As you sit down and get up, you belt will drag across it.
      "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
      George Orwell

Comment

Try stretching your hamstrings also. Lots of times if they tighten up they will pull on your lower back and cause some discomfort. And drink lots of water and stay hydrated.

Comment

Dustoff
          did that type help you any?
          God Bless Our Troops At Home And Abroad .

Comment

Originally posted by 19pct View Post
            Dustoff
            did that type help you any?
            Yes. Even though you can have great shock absorbers in your vehicle, it's not defying gravity when you hit a bump or as you drive in the city.

As your body bounces very gradual, you're getting a pull and tug on your lower back muscles that then put stress on your lumbar region. The space between the seat and lower back has to be filled in with anything to keep the natural curve from twisting or pushing outwards.

Even a rolled up towel can offer support, but that won't hold it's shape over long drives. There are gel or memory foam lumbar support, but one fart and the smell stays forever. ๐Ÿ˜†

But this is a very simple device that allows air to pass through and holds it shape. There are other styles, some harder molded devices. Look at several brands but look for durability and read the bad reviews first.
            "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
            George Orwell

Comment

I have a yoga ball and love doing stretching exercises on that thing.

That seat cushion thing Dusty linked you to does not look very comfortable to me
              WE ARE SO AFRAID OF LOSING ANYTHING THAT WE HAVE ALLOWED OURSELVES TO LOSE EVERYTHING.

Comment

Lumbar Support (2 Pack) with Breathable Mesh, Suit for Car, Office Chair that gives head and drives for you as you nap.
                If you stretch your spine like a cat does, it works well. Your gluts and hamstrings as well as quads and calf's need to be stretched also. If you feel sciatica, and those who do will attest to that level of agony, there are specific stretches for just that muscle, which the sciatic nerve goes through. Sitting upright is important as well as having some core ab muscle strength. Flexibility is uber important as we grow into our have someone else do the fighting years.
                ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. THEN GOD CREATED DESTROYER SAILORS.

Comment

Working...
                X