Movie recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie recommendations

Watching this movie right now never heard of it before but recommend it.

God Bless Our Troops At Home And Abroad .

Just for kicks I watched The Deer Hunter several nights ago. Reminded me just why is was such a good movie them.
    ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. THEN GOD CREATED DESTROYER SAILORS.

Comment

• maxk
      maxk commented
      Editing a comment
      "The Deer Hunter" is in a class by itself. A great classic. Unbelievable. The acting, the music at the beginning. It's tragic, it's not light entertainment. Most importantly, it feels real. It's an experience. For some viewers, it might even be life-changing in some way.

IDIOCRACY- The American future... unless

Comment

• uncivil servant
      uncivil servant commented
      Editing a comment
      Idiocracy is quickly becoming a documentary.

I recommend "Mosul" on Netflix. You have to not mind captions because they are speaking in I-raqee but its a good reminder that given the right training and equipment, and motivation, these guys can learn to fight. Its a story of a bunch of Iraqi's trained in American SWAT/Military tactics and how they move thru a city whacking Al Qaeda's. Very good acting and fight scenes.
    "Deplorableis Extroidinaris"
    A Legend.
    "When a single action or reaction is so outrageous that within 24 hours its the subject of every roll call in the city".

Comment

On netflix - Fishermans Friends - happy movie about cornish fishermen who sing Sea shantys all day and are discovered by a music exec who is getting played with by his boss . Really good singing and feel good movie .

Also on Prime - Peanutbutter Falcon - great movie about a guy on the run who sort of adopts a special needs kid who is on the run too . Shia Lebeouff at his best after he quit drinking and said the Cop that arrested him saved his life .
      Last edited by keltec; 12-02-2020, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• rickten99
        rickten99 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was going to recommend Fishermens Friends as well. A good story, I enjoyed it and told some friends about it as well. "What do you do with a drunken sailor?"

1917 is now running on Showtime.

Comment

'The Outpost' on Netflix.

Comment

Just watched this. Great.

https://youtu.be/j8Ss5hjKyh4

Comment

Q & A

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100442/

Comment

I wasn't impressed with 1917
              Last edited by 19pct; 11-30-2020, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Watched the movie "Unhinged" the other day which I thought was pretty good. Reminded me of the movie "Duel" from the 70s which is similar yet different.

Comment

Recently watched this on netflix pretty good the Romans tried to invade Germany but things don't quite work out for them
                  Last edited by 19pct; 11-30-2020, 10:27 PM.

Comment

6 Underground on Netflix. Nothing profound but great action.

Comment

There is a website/ app I have it on my smart tv nice large screen 😁 called Tubitv lots of old shows on there on my current list there is Peter Gunn,The Naked City, The Saint ,Route 66 .Lots of movies also and its the best price and legal 😉
                      Last edited by 19pct; 11-30-2020, 02:25 PM.

Comment

"21 Bridges" was also good. Typical good cop versus an entire corrupt NYPD Pct but the action is pretty good and they had some excellent NYPD technical advisors. The movie gets a lot of little details and nuances of the job spot on.

Comment

Working...
                        X