• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wobblypops
    commented on 's reply
    I thought je was always so cute 😍

• HAPD
    replied
    Doctor Strangelove always gives me the warm and fuzzies.

Leave a comment:

• Dustoff262
    commented on 's reply
    Awesome actor. Not a primadonna bone in his body.

• Wobblypops
    replied
    I'm watching Support Your Local Sherrif with James Gardner

Leave a comment:

• Dustoff262
    replied
    Was watching "The Dam Busters". Great old movie about WW2 Lancaster squadron skipping a bomb against a dam.

Then this caught my ear. I've seen this movie several times over the years and never noticed this. Sure to be a victim of cancel culture.

Leave a comment:

• Wobblypops
    replied
    I like the 80s Era. Today I'm watching Youngblood

Leave a comment:

• Gardenhoe
    commented on 's reply
    Frances McDormand captured the role as she does with pretty much every she acts in. I am sure she is a lefty...I just hope she keeps her opinions to herself so I can continue to enjoy her movies. Once crazy comes out I have a hard time seeing past it.

• CPD39
    replied
    Originally posted by Lcpl Hicks View Post
    Just finally got around to watching “ Warrior”... holy crap. Great film and great acting.
    Very good movie but much cliche. You knew how it was going to end about 5 mins into the film. Still very much worth a watch because the acting is so good. a 8 out of 10. Nick Nolte was a great actor. No doubt this is the movie that was behind the series "Kingdom" on Netflix. another good one worth a watch.

Leave a comment:

• 19pct
    replied
    Gardenhoe I just finished Nomadland I enjoyed it.
    If anyone wants to watch Coming 2 America don’t bother the only reason I watched the whole thing is because I’m at work 😂😂😂 I want my money back

Leave a comment:

• Harry Callahan
    replied
    Originally posted by Gardenhoe View Post
    Joined a free week?month? of Hulu just so we could watch Nomadland with Frances McDormand.

On the surface, it appears to be a downer movie but it is all about prespective and how one looks at Fern (the main character’s life on the road).
    Overall we thought a fascinating movie and thought provoking story. It was interesting that they actually used real nomads for almost all the other actors in the movie and they did not romanticize the nomad lifestyle. Just one story of many on the road.

Never get tired of watching Hell or High Water. Or John Wayne’s The Cowboys. Or Fargo. Or The Wedding Singer.
    I always thought Frances McDormand's role in Fargo was one of the most realistic portrayals of a cop I have seen on screen.
    Her homelife was normal like everyone else's, the boring paperwork and legwork of an investigation, traveling all over to check things out, the small talk with fellow officers at a crime scene. Knowing someone did something and having to prove it. And then two minutes of terror.

Leave a comment:

• CPD39
    replied
    Not a movie but Ive been in to "Kingdom" on Netflix. White trash MMA fighters loaded with sex and violence? Whats not to like?

Leave a comment:

• 19pct
    replied
    Gardenhoe I have it on my list I like quirky movies like that

Leave a comment:

• Gardenhoe
    replied
    Joined a free week?month? of Hulu just so we could watch Nomadland with Frances McDormand.

On the surface, it appears to be a downer movie but it is all about prespective and how one looks at Fern (the main character’s life on the road).
    Overall we thought a fascinating movie and thought provoking story. It was interesting that they actually used real nomads for almost all the other actors in the movie and they did not romanticize the nomad lifestyle. Just one story of many on the road.

Never get tired of watching Hell or High Water. Or John Wayne’s The Cowboys. Or Fargo. Or The Wedding Singer.

Leave a comment:

• 19pct
    replied
    Ok I have a exciting life so this weekend I started watching a few thing one on Netflix called Lupin it’s French but it’s pretty good.
    The other series will be on Netflix next month but I’m watching it on the fire stick it’s based on a true story .

It’s based on this guy
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Sobhraj#Murders

Leave a comment:

• Saturn4147
    replied
    Thanks for this list. Needed these recommendations

Leave a comment:

Working...
X