No announcement yet.

Movie recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished Bad Education on HBO max true story of the school board on LI ( Roslyn to be exact) that embezzled 10 million bucks
    God Bless Our Troops At Home And Abroad .

Comment

• keltec
      keltec commented
      Editing a comment
      and that guy gets a $175 , 000 pension for life !

Some ads but pretty good so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JW4...ndex=2&t=1200s

Comment

Just finished the new Denzel movie on hbo max The Little Things I enjoyed it very much I think all here would enjoy it

Comment

Just finally got around to watching “ Warrior”... holy crap. Great film and great acting.

Comment

Just watched The Super Cops, from 1974 starring Ron Liebman and David Selby as David Greenberg and Robert Hantz.

Great movie, any one remember them from the '70's?

"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence in an act of rebellion" Albert Camus

Comment

• Joe Kenda
            Joe Kenda commented
            Editing a comment
            I sure do! I worked in the 72 when Hantz was in the squad! He'd work in the bag at times and had a shield leather that looked like an accordion strap - went up, over the shoulder and down his back! I think both of them got caught up in some shenanigans having to do with real estate or some such. Good 'ole Batman & Robin!

I just watch Parasite ( subtitles) very good and the WW1 series Gallipoli ... good also

Comment

• 899xxxandretired
            899xxxandretired commented
            Editing a comment
            I was a sailor. Isn’t it LCpl?

Did you bump uglies with Sigourney?

I watched 16 candles for my first last weekend. What a stupid movie
          For every law that is passed we lose a little bit more of our freedom..... the Late great Bill Fallin.

Comment

Thanks for this list. Needed these recommendations

Comment

Ok I have a exciting life so this weekend I started watching a few thing one on Netflix called Lupin it’s French but it’s pretty good.
              The other series will be on Netflix next month but I’m watching it on the fire stick it’s based on a true story .

It’s based on this guy
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Sobhraj#Murders

Comment

Joined a free week?month? of Hulu just so we could watch Nomadland with Frances McDormand.

On the surface, it appears to be a downer movie but it is all about prespective and how one looks at Fern (the main character’s life on the road).
                Overall we thought a fascinating movie and thought provoking story. It was interesting that they actually used real nomads for almost all the other actors in the movie and they did not romanticize the nomad lifestyle. Just one story of many on the road.

Never get tired of watching Hell or High Water. Or John Wayne’s The Cowboys. Or Fargo. Or The Wedding Singer.
                For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

Comment

Gardenhoe I have it on my list I like quirky movies like that

Comment

Not a movie but Ive been in to "Kingdom" on Netflix. White trash MMA fighters loaded with sex and violence? Whats not to like?
                    "Deplorableis Extroidinaris"
                    A Legend.
                    "When a single action or reaction is so outrageous that within 24 hours its the subject of every roll call in the city".

Comment

Originally posted by Gardenhoe View Post
                      Joined a free week?month? of Hulu just so we could watch Nomadland with Frances McDormand.

On the surface, it appears to be a downer movie but it is all about prespective and how one looks at Fern (the main character’s life on the road).
                      Overall we thought a fascinating movie and thought provoking story. It was interesting that they actually used real nomads for almost all the other actors in the movie and they did not romanticize the nomad lifestyle. Just one story of many on the road.

Never get tired of watching Hell or High Water. Or John Wayne’s The Cowboys. Or Fargo. Or The Wedding Singer.
                      I always thought Frances McDormand's role in Fargo was one of the most realistic portrayals of a cop I have seen on screen.
                      Her homelife was normal like everyone else's, the boring paperwork and legwork of an investigation, traveling all over to check things out, the small talk with fellow officers at a crime scene. Knowing someone did something and having to prove it. And then two minutes of terror.

Comment

Gardenhoe I just finished Nomadland I enjoyed it.
                        If anyone wants to watch Coming 2 America don’t bother the only reason I watched the whole thing is because I’m at work 😂😂😂 I want my money back

Comment

• Gardenhoe
                          Gardenhoe commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Frances McDormand captured the role as she does with pretty much every she acts in. I am sure she is a lefty...I just hope she keeps her opinions to herself so I can continue to enjoy her movies. Once crazy comes out I have a hard time seeing past it.

Originally posted by Lcpl Hicks View Post
                        Just finally got around to watching “ Warrior”... holy crap. Great film and great acting.
                        Very good movie but much cliche. You knew how it was going to end about 5 mins into the film. Still very much worth a watch because the acting is so good. a 8 out of 10. Nick Nolte was a great actor. No doubt this is the movie that was behind the series "Kingdom" on Netflix. another good one worth a watch.
                        "Deplorableis Extroidinaris"
                        A Legend.
                        "When a single action or reaction is so outrageous that within 24 hours its the subject of every roll call in the city".

Comment

Working...
                        X