No announcement yet.

Movie recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched The Choir Boys last week after finishing the book, everyone was right, the movie sucked, except for Officer Andy Renko, he was a good character!
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence in an act of rebellion" Albert Camus

Comment

Valley of Tears was very good.
      “The next three days “with Russel Crowe is a unknown and underrated
      “ waking Ned Devine”... funny Irish flick
      “ Beneath hill 60” ww 1 movie
      “ 28 days later” - good zombie movie
      “ 9th company “ - Russian war movie
      “ eastern promises”- really good

Comment

Originally posted by Sniffles View Post
        The Final Countdown a feel good movie for today.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7rky7n
        Thank you for the link to the full movie.The Final Countdown is amazing. I've watched it several times over the decades. For me, the music is the best part: it's not just some background music. It can be heard and enjoyed on its own, as high quality symphonic music. With a strong patriotic effect.

Kirk Douglas is perfect as the captain. The most stunning scene for me was the Japanese pilot interrogation scene. It's like "wow. I'm there in the movie, it feels real".

Comment

• keltec
          keltec commented
          Editing a comment
          I may be wrong , but the Marines guarding the prisoner carried themselves like real marines , I wonder if they were , they did not look like actors .

• maxk
          maxk commented
          Editing a comment
          You might be right, they looked convincing. However I saw somebody running with their finger on the trigger, which usually means "Hollywood actor who's never held a gun before": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOZeEH_NKZU

"Valley of Tears" on HBO Max is a Israeli production of the 1973 Yom Kippur war and the Battle for the Golan Heights that is nicknamed the same. Especially if your into military History this is a good one tho its translated into English. That war was probably the closest we've come to WW3 and the use of nukes since The Cuban Crisis. A WW that was probably prevented by Operation Nickle Grass, the largest American airlift since the Berlin crisis where the C-141's and C-5's of the USAF resupplied the IDF with enough advanced weapons to keep the nuclear Genie in the box.

Remember the gas crisis of 1973? That was due to Nickle Grass and America supplying Israel arms to aircraft to prevent them from being over ran, which almost happened anyway.

But the mini-series is mostly a tale of the individual soldiers who fought, at least up to episode 4. Tho there is some Historical context included. Its worth watching.
        "Deplorableis Extroidinaris"
        A Legend.
        "When a single action or reaction is so outrageous that within 24 hours its the subject of every roll call in the city".

Comment

I just finished “ A War “ on Amazon Prime. It’s a Danish film with a actor from game of thrones in the lead role. Pretty good, a little slow but it touches a lot of bases. Catch it before it leaves prime.

Comment

"Green Book" It is on Hulu, pretty good.
            Signature.
            "I declare to you the gospel... by which you are saved... Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, He was buried, and He rose again the third day.
            Put your faith and trust in the Person and Work of Christ on the Cross and His Resurrection for the forgiveness of your sins, ask Jesus to forgive you, a sinner and invite Him into your heart and you will be saved from the penalty of your sins in Hell.

Comment

Im watching the entire series of "The Vikings" over again.

They my peep's you see. We are the ones who discovered the New World not Columbus. And we did it far earlier then that fugazzi.
              "Deplorableis Extroidinaris"
              A Legend.
              "When a single action or reaction is so outrageous that within 24 hours its the subject of every roll call in the city".

Comment

I watched News Of The World last night it was pretty close to the book a few scenes in the book I think should have been in the movie but it was still pretty good I listened to the audio version of the book not too long ago.
                God Bless Our Troops At Home And Abroad .

Comment

I just watched "Greenland" a survival movie that SUCKED. Total bullshit .

Then I watched "Let him go " - realistic but hard to watch at times .

Comment

The Highway men was good. Costner and Harrelson chasing Bonnie and Clyde.
                    Let me in... good horror flick.
                    The Old Guard on Netflix . Entertaining story based on a graphic novel.

Comment

Lcpl Hicks
                      That steam bath scene was pretty good in Eastern Promises
                      Last edited by 19pct; 01-17-2021, 09:53 PM.
                      God Bless Our Troops At Home And Abroad .

Comment

19pct... that was a crazy scene.

Comment

Three Faces of Eve. True story on which the book and movie Sybil was based on.
                          Last edited by fla2760; 01-18-2021, 02:25 AM.
                          Signature.
                          "I declare to you the gospel... by which you are saved... Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, He was buried, and He rose again the third day.
                          Put your faith and trust in the Person and Work of Christ on the Cross and His Resurrection for the forgiveness of your sins, ask Jesus to forgive you, a sinner and invite Him into your heart and you will be saved from the penalty of your sins in Hell.

Comment

Sybil-the woman psychologist who wrote the book was my psyche professor at John Jay and she was a absolutely phucking certified knuts.
                            ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. THEN GOD CREATED DESTROYER SAILORS.

Comment

[QUOTE=HAPD;n13659]Sybil-the woman psychologist who wrote the book was my psyche professor at John Jay and she was a absolutely phucking certified knuts.

A lot of psychologists and psychiatrists are nuttier than a bag of carnival peanuts. 🥜🙄
                              Signature.

Comment

• keltec
                                keltec commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I fought a guy that pulled a knife on me when I stopped him on the street. After the fight and cuffing him I later learned he was a Psychiatrist who was off his meds ! Cant make this stuff up .
                            Working...
                            X