No announcement yet.

Movie recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Godless" on Netflix is an absolute classic western.
    "Deplorableis Extroidinaris"
    A Legend.
    "When a single action or reaction is so outrageous that within 24 hours its the subject of every roll call in the city".

Comment

Originally posted by Sniffles View Post
      very good movie. Nolte was well picked to play that roll.
      ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. THEN GOD CREATED DESTROYER SAILORS.

Comment

"...taken out by a virgin."

SMH
        Remember Cardillo

Comment

I started watching this the other day on Amazon prime videos I missed it when it was first on, it’s pretty good. these guys scumbags .
          God Bless Our Troops At Home And Abroad .

Comment

Started watching "Fargo" Season one is really good. It has nothing to do with the movie Fargo.

Comment

Just finished season 4 😂

Comment

Originally posted by 19pct View Post

I wasn't impressed with 1917
                I thought it was pretty good but its a movie you have to really see in a theater, preferably Dolby, to get the real effect.

I screened "The 12'th Man" on Netflix last night and thought it was good. Excellent actually, the Norwegians are pretty tough people living in those conditions.

Ive been meaning to watch The Barbarians because Romes History is of interest to me. I wonder if it tells the tale of Arminius, the great Germanic War Chieftain and his victorys against the supposedly invincible Legions?

I just checked on https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9184986/ and it does. This makes it a must see now. I liked the movie Gladiator but the truth is Rome had a very hard time in what was then called "Germania". They never conquered those tribes, at best they won a few battles and made peace with some of them. "Arminius" kicked their butts so I have to binge this show tonight.
                A Legend.
                "When a single action or reaction is so outrageous that within 24 hours its the subject of every roll call in the city".

Comment

Amazon Prime, Danger Close, about Australians in Vietnam 1966. Based on a true story of a small compliment of Australian infantry against 2000+ NVA.
                  Last edited by rickten99; 12-02-2020, 08:25 PM. Reason: Missed aword
                  Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!

Comment

I binged Barbarians last night. It was OK but a whole lot of soap drama leading to the final fight and you have to be able to deal with captions. The final episode was classic and from memory had a fair amount of Historical accuracy. The actual numbers of Romans killed was far higher and the battle was much larger.

Well I wont ruin it. Its worth a watch.
                    A Legend.

Comment

If you like Military History Apocalypse WWI is on both HBO max and Amazon prime.

Its an excellent Doc. about a really stupid war and all its footage has been changed into color.
                      A Legend.

Comment

Originally posted by CPD39 View Post
                        If you like Military History Apocalypse WWI is on both HBO max and Amazon prime.

Its an excellent Doc. about a really stupid war and all its footage has been changed into color.
                        'They Shall not Grow Old' was excellent as well and can be found on HBO.

Comment

Gods and Generals. The second part of the Civil War anthology by Jeff Sahara. Better in most parts than Gettysburg and half the length. Next up Gettysburg. Martin Sheen as General Lee is a slap in the face. Steven Lang as Gen. Jackson was a great pick as he played Picket in Gettysburg. Robert Duval as Lee in Gods was an excellent choice. Do not thing the third part will ever get made. The Last Full Measure.
                          ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. THEN GOD CREATED DESTROYER SAILORS.

Comment

The Final Countdown a feel good movie for today.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7rky7n

Comment

On hbo max There is a series on there pretty good called, Valley of Tears about the Yom Kippur war in 73 , the dubbing isn’t that great I’m watching it with subtitles and them speaking in Hebrew .. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vall...ars_(TV_series) I think most will like it

Comment

IIRC stereotypical overplayed blue wall stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X