Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Callahan
    replied
    Maybe controlled hunting encourages conservation of these beautiful animals...

Leave a comment:

• cinderdick
    commented on 's reply
    Like anything else, I'm sure you're right about some of them!

• Jack Daniels
    commented on 's reply
    No ...................

• terry33
    replied
    Dont get me wrong, i'm no animal rights guy. I'm always shooting at deer with a pellet rifle to keep them and their ticks away from my property. But people who enjoy the killing have something wrong with them in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• cinderdick
    commented on 's reply
    Fair enough.

But I simply don't equate legal sport hunting with a budding serial killer torturing animals.

• terry33
    replied

• #14.1
        cinderdick commented
        02-22-2021, 10:30 PM
        Exactly.

Did the chicken, or pig, or cow you had for dinner have a sporting chance?

But some geriatric giraffe is somehow different? Why? "Cause he's taller?

If they get the permits, that fund the conservation, I see no problem.

Not having the desire to do it yourself? I'm with you. I don't either.

But attack someone who does (-by the rules)? Not me.
        • Flag
      • ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totally disagree. It's one thing to gladly eat meat knowing that the cows or pigs had to have been slaughtered. It's a totally different thing to kill the animals for the pleasure or thrill of doing so. That's sick. And this women is sick as hell.
    And the animal not having a fighting chance is not the issue. Animals never have a fighting chance unless youre going toe to toe with them and all you have is a knife. The point is the sick pleasure these people take in blowing away a beautiful animal.
    There is a reason why the number 1 indication of later violent psychopathology in children is a history of hurting or killing animals.

Leave a comment:

• Paladin
    replied
    At ten years of age, while carrying my BB gun, I walked with my dad, learning the ways of the woods and fields, and gun safety. Got my first shotgun at twelve. Those were magic times and still cherished. Two Stanley thermos bottles; hot chocolate in mine and coffee in his. We would stop at White Castle for a bag of sliders, and buy half a dozen fat Sunday newspapers at the newsstand on the corner, to give to the farmers whose land we would hunt.

Hunting for the sake of killing: Despicable!

Leave a comment:

• cinderdick
    commented on 's reply
    I hear you brother. But...

Big game hunting is as old as mankind.

How much "sport" is involved in any particular hunt? Who knows? I don't really care.

Is "fair" the goal?

How can it ever be fair between a human and a legit predator, or another animal that weighs ten or more times as much as the human does? A modern human vs. early man?

Is it fair between a lion and a zebra? What about a lion and a baby antelope?

I just can't work up a lot of tears when an animal is harvested by the regulations.

The deer herd and turkey flocks on Staten Island inside NYC are a literal menace. The "fair" crowd won't do a thing about it.

In Africa, they need rangers with guns and the ability to use them.

But, once a hunter buys a tag, which is the only thing that pays to protect these animals, then the bleeding hearts can shut the fuck up.

That's just my view. Your mileage may vary and I do respect differing views.

• Jobsecurity
    commented on 's reply
    Cinderdick, that is different. I don’t eat elephant. I don’t eat giraffe. (I sure the fuck don’t eat bat.🦇) The difference here is the guy paid for the animal, chased it with a truck and a high power rifle and killed it. He wants sport? Go after the damned thing with a knife on foot. It’s like saying I bought a dog, decided to tire it out, and then take my S&W 5946 and put a hollowpoint in its brain because I bought the animal and killing animals make my dick hard. It’s not right. I wouldn’t go so far as to punch him in the face if he was my partner, but I definitely wouldn’t talk about it and advise that partner this is nothing to brag about.

• HAPD
    replied
    Originally posted by fedupinny10 View Post
    But would you hit it (her)? Just asking for a friend?
    a definite stern shot. did she mount the Giraffe's penis? (gotta love the duality of the english language)

Leave a comment:

• cinderdick
    commented on 's reply
    Exactly.

Did the chicken, or pig, or cow you had for dinner have a sporting chance?

But some geriatric giraffe is somehow different? Why? "Cause he's taller?

If they get the permits, that fund the conservation, I see no problem.

Not having the desire to do it yourself? I'm with you. I don't either.

But attack someone who does (-by the rules)? Not me.

• Jobsecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by Lovinlife View Post
    My friend pays big money to go to Montana to “hunt” exotic animals. In typical PD fashion we destroyed him to the point he stopped going. He finally admitted what this hunt was.... guides in Jeep’s would scare the animal into a corner and I mean corner( where the fence meets another fence) his partner of over 10 years punched him in the face and my friend took it and didn’t say a word because he knew he was a giant POS for this so called “Hunt”
    Yeah, that’s not a hunt. The guy is paying for the animal. He’s just doing the work for the other people by killing it.

Leave a comment:

• fla2760
    replied
    Does giraffe taste like chicken. 🤔🙄

Leave a comment:

• fedupinny10
    replied
    But would you hit it (her)? Just asking for a friend?

Leave a comment:

• Buckaroo Banzai
    replied
    i don’t get trophy hunting or killing animals for the sake of killing. posing with heart is trashy - what a flippant disregard for life.

i understand hunting for food and also for population management.

i remember the protests over the bear hunts in jersey, but i believe the season started after they should be hibernating so the ones out were going to starve and become aggressive towards people. that makes sense and the killing has a purpose; killing for your ego is wrong.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X