No announcement yet.

This big wild animal hunter-babe gives me the creeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At ten years of age, while carrying my BB gun, I walked with my dad, learning the ways of the woods and fields, and gun safety. Got my first shotgun at twelve. Those were magic times and still cherished. Two Stanley thermos bottles; hot chocolate in mine and coffee in his. We would stop at White Castle for a bag of sliders, and buy half a dozen fat Sunday newspapers at the newsstand on the corner, to give to the farmers whose land we would hunt.

Hunting for the sake of killing: Despicable!

Comment

• #14.1
          cinderdick commented
          02-22-2021, 10:30 PM
          Exactly.

Did the chicken, or pig, or cow you had for dinner have a sporting chance?

But some geriatric giraffe is somehow different? Why? "Cause he's taller?

If they get the permits, that fund the conservation, I see no problem.

Not having the desire to do it yourself? I'm with you. I don't either.

But attack someone who does (-by the rules)? Not me.
          • Flag
        • ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totally disagree. It's one thing to gladly eat meat knowing that the cows or pigs had to have been slaughtered. It's a totally different thing to kill the animals for the pleasure or thrill of doing so. That's sick. And this women is sick as hell.
      And the animal not having a fighting chance is not the issue. Animals never have a fighting chance unless youre going toe to toe with them and all you have is a knife. The point is the sick pleasure these people take in blowing away a beautiful animal.
      There is a reason why the number 1 indication of later violent psychopathology in children is a history of hurting or killing animals.

Comment

• cinderdick
        cinderdick commented
        Editing a comment
        Fair enough.

But I simply don't equate legal sport hunting with a budding serial killer torturing animals.

Dont get me wrong, i'm no animal rights guy. I'm always shooting at deer with a pellet rifle to keep them and their ticks away from my property. But people who enjoy the killing have something wrong with them in my opinion.

Comment

• cinderdick
        cinderdick commented
        Editing a comment
        Like anything else, I'm sure you're right about some of them!

Maybe controlled hunting encourages conservation of these beautiful animals...

Comment

Working...
      X