This big wild animal hunter-babe gives me the creeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This big wild animal hunter-babe gives me the creeps

Woman poses with giraffe's HEART as she boasts about husband arranging for her to shoot the animal as a Valentine's Day present in South Africa
    • Merelize Van Der Merwe, 32, from South Africa, shot the giraffe on February 13
    • She said husband Gerhardt Nell paid for the £1,500 hunt as a Valentine's present
    • Merwe posed with animal's heart, saying she was 'over the moon' with her gift
    • She has also lashed out at critics, calling them 'triggered' and insisting that nothing will stop her from hunting
    • WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT

By CHRIS PLEASANCE FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 04:50 EST, 22 February 2021 | UPDATED: 04:59 EST, 22 February 2021
    1.9kshares

View comments

A hunter from South Africa has posed with a giraffe's heart after her husband paid for her to shoot the animal as a Valentine's Day gift.

Merelize Van Der Merwe, 32, from South Africa's Limpopo province, shot and killed the 17-year-old bull giraffe on February 13 in the north of the country.

She then posed with the animal's heart and posted the grisly images to Facebook, boasting that she was 'over the moon' with her present.

+6

+6
    Merelize Van Der Merwe, 32, a hunter from South Africa, posed with a giraffe's heart after her husband paid £1,500 for her to kill the animal as a 'Valentine's gift'

Van Der Merwe, a mother-of-one who has been hunting since age five, wrote: 'I set out in 2016 on a quest to hunt a big black giraffe bull but none was what I was looking for.

Read More

'I contacted almost everyone I knew who had black bulls old enough to fit the bill.

'In 2017 I found a bull but unfortunately one of my friends got to him first and jokingly we said we had dual custody over it.

'I had but all given up hope the last 2 years, filtering through 60+ photos of bulls.

'Two weeks ago a dear friend Chrisjan Bakker contacted me regarding my request for a big old bull and I couldn't believe my eyes, BIG BLACK and 0LD, so old that he was way over his time and the owner didn't know if he will last another 3 months!!!'

She explained that husband Gerhardt Nell had been expecting to take her to a five-star hotel in Sun City for Valentine's Day, but the news forced a change of plans.

Instead, he stumped up £1,500 to allow her to track the giraffe through the bush before shooting it dead.

A video of the hunt shows how she encountered the inquisitive animal among tall foliage, before shooting it through the front of the neck.
    RELATED ARTICLES

+6
    Van Der Merwe said she was planning to spend Valentine's Day in a five-star hotel wit her husband, but plans changed after a friend told her about the giraffe

+6
    The mother-of-one said hunting a large male giraffe has been a dream of hers for the last five years, and said she was 'over the moon' after making the kill

She then walked to the spot where the 17-year-old giraffe had collapsed, before firing a second shot which killed it.

As a team moved in to skin the animal, Van Der Merwe posed with its heart - an image that she then posted on Facebook for her 90,000 followers.

Reminiscing on the hunt, she wrote: 'I was literally like a little child for two weeks and counted down the days.

'Afterwards I was flooded with emotions as I've been waiting years to have this opportunity!!'

The images quickly caused a stir online, but an unrepentant Van Der Merwe lashed out at her critics, branding them 'triggered liberals' while vowing that nothing would stop her hunting big game.

The citrus farm owner, who refers to animal activists as a 'mob', wrote: 'I will put this offer on the table - want to come kill [me] like you said, I'll come and pick you up at the airport and give you the opportunity.

+6

+6
    Van Der Merwe's pictures caused a backlash online but she remained unrepentant, branding her critics 'triggered liberals' while vowing never to stop hunting

'But if you fail to do so, just make sure you leave your family a big life insurance!!! Because there will not be a return ticket.

'I ain't scared of s*** especially animal rights activists who still lives with mommy because they get triggered by everything so they go to the supermarket and buy their meat because no animal gets hurt there!

'I've been hearing the same old mob stories for years and yet I'm still here and still hunting.'

Van Der Merwe is a well-known hunter who is thought to have killed some 500 animals over the course of her life, including lions, leopards and elephants, according to the Daily Mirror.

She claims that trophy hunting helps conserve species by removing older animals from the population while providing funding for conservation.

Conservationists dispute this, saying that trophy hunting encourages people to breed animals for sport, which disrupts ecosystems and harms the environment.

Removing wild animals, particularly large males, damages the herds in which they live, animal activists argue.

Dr Mark Jones of the Born Free Foundation told the Mirror: 'Trophy hunting is not a conservation tool, nor does it contribute significant funds to local communities.'

How could a person kill for sport? I never have never will and a giraffe? She is evil.
    Huge midgets, they must be six feet tall.

Comment

Or an elephant. I don't understand it bit hey, as long as it's legal who cares
      For every law that is passed we lose a little bit more of our freedom..... the Late great Bill Fallin.

Comment

I wouldn't necessarily call that hunting. More like shooting and killing an animal. I mean do giraffes even have a chance? At least deer and antelope are way harder to bag.

Comment

These people are always looking for that next thing to give them a sense of power and control. They are sick fvcks in my opinion. At least country folks who hunt eat their kill, these big game types do it so they can feel that rush. Ask Freud.

Comment

I don't agree with this and it is against my morals and ethics.

But these hunts do provide funding for conserving land and hiring Rangers who run anti-poaching patrols. I guess a few animals must die to provide protection for the rest.

However, those poachers who kill elephants and rhinos for their ivory are evil and should be eradicated. As should their Asian customers.

Comment

Perhaps what goes around will come around...

https://www.newsweek.com/white-farme...nothing-851470

a white farmer is killed every five days in South Africa by African-Africans

Comment

I can't get over what a bargain it is!

Comment

My friend pays big money to go to Montana to “hunt” exotic animals. In typical PD fashion we destroyed him to the point he stopped going. He finally admitted what this hunt was.... guides in Jeep’s would scare the animal into a corner and I mean corner( where the fence meets another fence) his partner of over 10 years punched him in the face and my friend took it and didn’t say a word because he knew he was a giant POS for this so called “Hunt”

Comment

Hunting for meat, to feed yourself and family. Not a problem.

I have hunted white tail deer since I was 12. I love venison. I’m not a big fan of Deer in general. Same with fishing. You catch it, you eat it. I fish for food. I rarely release unless it’s not up to legal size.

I don’t get the trophy hunt? Kill an animal or a fish just to hang in a room?? I just don’t get it
                    Retired twice, working on number 3. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, unless it's a military clock. The above post was not approved or corrected for grammar and syntax, or checked for spelling by the forums administrators.

Comment

i don’t get trophy hunting or killing animals for the sake of killing. posing with heart is trashy - what a flippant disregard for life.

i understand hunting for food and also for population management.

i remember the protests over the bear hunts in jersey, but i believe the season started after they should be hibernating so the ones out were going to starve and become aggressive towards people. that makes sense and the killing has a purpose; killing for your ego is wrong.

Comment

But would you hit it (her)? Just asking for a friend?

Comment

• Jack Daniels
                          Jack Daniels commented
                          Editing a comment
                          No ...................

Does giraffe taste like chicken. 🤔🙄
                        Signature.
                        "I declare to you the gospel... by which you are saved... Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, He was buried, and He rose again the third day.
                        Put your faith and trust in the Person and Work of Christ on the Cross and His Resurrection for the forgiveness of your sins, ask Jesus to forgive you, a sinner and invite Him into your heart and you will be saved from the penalty of your sins in Hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovinlife View Post
                          My friend pays big money to go to Montana to “hunt” exotic animals. In typical PD fashion we destroyed him to the point he stopped going. He finally admitted what this hunt was.... guides in Jeep’s would scare the animal into a corner and I mean corner( where the fence meets another fence) his partner of over 10 years punched him in the face and my friend took it and didn’t say a word because he knew he was a giant POS for this so called “Hunt”
                          Yeah, that’s not a hunt. The guy is paying for the animal. He’s just doing the work for the other people by killing it.

Comment

• cinderdick
                            cinderdick commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Exactly.

Did the chicken, or pig, or cow you had for dinner have a sporting chance?

But some geriatric giraffe is somehow different? Why? "Cause he's taller?

If they get the permits, that fund the conservation, I see no problem.

Not having the desire to do it yourself? I'm with you. I don't either.

But attack someone who does (-by the rules)? Not me.

• Jobsecurity
                            Jobsecurity commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Cinderdick, that is different. I don’t eat elephant. I don’t eat giraffe. (I sure the fuck don’t eat bat.🦇) The difference here is the guy paid for the animal, chased it with a truck and a high power rifle and killed it. He wants sport? Go after the damned thing with a knife on foot. It’s like saying I bought a dog, decided to tire it out, and then take my S&W 5946 and put a hollowpoint in its brain because I bought the animal and killing animals make my dick hard. It’s not right. I wouldn’t go so far as to punch him in the face if he was my partner, but I definitely wouldn’t talk about it and advise that partner this is nothing to brag about.

• cinderdick
                            cinderdick commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I hear you brother. But...

Big game hunting is as old as mankind.

How much "sport" is involved in any particular hunt? Who knows? I don't really care.

Is "fair" the goal?

How can it ever be fair between a human and a legit predator, or another animal that weighs ten or more times as much as the human does? A modern human vs. early man?

Is it fair between a lion and a zebra? What about a lion and a baby antelope?

I just can't work up a lot of tears when an animal is harvested by the regulations.

The deer herd and turkey flocks on Staten Island inside NYC are a literal menace. The "fair" crowd won't do a thing about it.

In Africa, they need rangers with guns and the ability to use them.

But, once a hunter buys a tag, which is the only thing that pays to protect these animals, then the bleeding hearts can shut the fuck up.

That's just my view. Your mileage may vary and I do respect differing views.

Originally posted by fedupinny10 View Post
                          But would you hit it (her)? Just asking for a friend?
                          a definite stern shot. did she mount the Giraffe's penis? (gotta love the duality of the english language)
                          ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. THEN GOD CREATED DESTROYER SAILORS.

Comment

Working...
                          X