No announcement yet.

Stirring the Racial, Cop-Hating, Pot: Malcom X's Family Says NYPD Killed Him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stirring the Racial, Cop-Hating, Pot: Malcom X's Family Says NYPD Killed Him

Jumping on the nationwide cop-hating madness, Malcom X's family says that a deceased retired cop said the NYPD and the FBI were behind his assassination.

Considering that just about EVERYONE in the Nation of Islam turned against Malcom when he blew the whistle on their leader, ELIJAH MUHAMMAD, as the misogynist slime ball he was, the credibility of this is certainly questionable. But it does serve to bring a new spin on NYC cop-hating, which, I'm sure, will take off from here.

Does anyone smell "reparations" or, at least, a lawsuit, settled out of court?

Of course, Manhattan DA Cy Vance has jumped on this bandwagon......

nypost.com /2021/02/21/malcolm-x-kin-released-letter-saying-nypd-feds-behind-murder/

Malcolm X kin: Letter from former cop implicates NYPD, feds in his murder

Jesse O’Neill
    3-4 minutes
    February 21, 2021 | 6:40pm | Updated February 21, 2021 | 6:40pm

Malcolm X’s family has released a letter it says was written by a deceased New York cop claiming the NYPD and FBI were behind the 1965 Harlem assassination of the civil-rights activist.

Malcolm X was gunned down at the Audubon Ballroom in Manhattan a year after breaking ranks with the Nation of Islam.

Three members of the black separatism group were convicted in the shooting.

On Saturday, some of Malcolm X’s daughters released a letter attributed to a former undercover NYPD officer, Raymond Wood, at the site of the former hotel on 165th Street. The family members were joined by Reggie Wood, a cousin of the late officer.

In the letter, Raymond Wood allegedly wrote that NYPD supervisors pressured him into luring two members of Malcolm X’s security details into committing crimes that led to their arrests in the days before the activist was slain.

The letter said the arrests provided the chance for lax door security at the hotel ballroom and were part of a conspiracy between federal investigators and New York police to have Malcolm killed.

“Under the direction of my handlers, I was told to encourage leaders and members of the civil-rights groups to commit felonious acts,” the letter stated.

Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance said last year that his office would reopen the case to investigate the long-held contentions by some historians and scholars that the wrong suspects were arrested for the slaying.

In the wake of the letter, Vance’s office released a statement saying its “review of this matter is active and ongoing.”

The NYPD said it is cooperating with the prosecutor’s effort.

“The NYPD has provided all available records relevant to that case to the District Attorney. The Department remains committed to assist with that review in any way,” Sgt. Edward Riley wrote in a statement to the Post on Sunday.

The FBI declined comment.

Ilyasah Shabazz, Malcolm X’s daughter, said she had always lived with uncertainty around the circumstances of her father’s death.

More Bullshit....
    Liberalism is a serious mental disorder

Comment

Trump did it, it's TRUE, a democrap told me.
      Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!

Comment

I was in BOSSI (police intel deep UC) way back when. Met the detective who was next to Malcolm X when he was shot. This assertion of FBI/NYPD involvement is pure BS. Disgusting really. The detective threw a chair at the shooter, had a slug pass through his sport jacket as he was shot at.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth View Post
          More Bullshit....
          It may be, but watch the Cuomos and the deBlasios (and probably few others) latch on to this opportunity...in what's left of Black History Month...to make some anti-cop statements about this too. And I'm sure Ms. Shabazz could use some dough in the form of "speaking engagement" fees and magazine cover pictures, all done at the behest of the Democrats ("Let's not go to court," they will tell her, "We can find other ways of making this up to you.....").

Comment

It was just a matter of time before the NOI took their dissenter out. If it was not at the Audubon that day it would have been elsewhere.

FBI back then spied on all would make the FBI investigation of DJT’s campaign look like child’s play.

Comment

Daughter of Former NYPD Officer Says Malcolm X Assassination Letter is Fake
              By Dean Meminger New York City
              NY1
              PUBLISHED 4:30 PM ET Feb. 26, 2021

NEW YORK — The daughter of a deceased former NYPD officer is speaking out about a letter that purports to show that her father was involved with the assassination of civil rights leader Malcolm X.

The letter, released last weekend, is said to be written by Raymond Wood. In it he alleges the FBI and NYPD conspired to assist with the assassination, cover up details about it and undermine the civil rights movement.

What You Need To Know
              • The letter alleges the FBI and NYPD conspired to cover up details on the assassination of Malcolm X
              • Kelly Wood says her father did not write the letter
              • She says her cousin released it to get attention on a book he worked on

In an exclusive interview with NY1, Wood’s daughter Kelly said the letter is forged. She said her cousin, Reggie Wood, who read the letter aloud at a news conference on February 20, just wanted attention for himself and a book he worked on.

“I know that my father did not write this letter,” Woods told NY1’s Dean Meminger. “I know that is not his signature and I know the envelope they're using to somehow justify that the letter was mailed is also a fake."

In the purported letter, the officer confesses that he played a part in the arrest of two members of Malcolm X’s security team just before the shooting and that Thomas Johnson, who died in 2009, was wrongfully convicted for the murder.

"I participated in actions that in hindsight were deplorable and detrimental to the advancement of my own Black people," the letter says. "My actions on behalf of the New York City Police Department were done under duress and fear."

The author also writes that he was afraid he would face major consequences if he came forward and wanted the letter released after his death. Wood’s daughter refutes that.

“My father is not a coward. He would have never, ever asked anyone to speak on his behalf after his passing. If he had something to say, he would have said it when he was alive,” she said, while also claiming that the signature is not her father's.

Woods called the release of the letter a “slanderous act” and a “stain” on the “reputation that he worked so to protect.”

Her father died in November of 2020 at the age of 87. He worked for the New York City Police Department for 21 years and retired as a sergeant.

"Several months ago, the Manhattan District Attorney initiated a review of the investigation and prosecution that resulted in two convictions for the murder of Malcolm X. The NYPD has provided all available records relevant to that case to the District Attorney. The Department remains committed to assist with that review in any way,” the NYPD said in a statement.

Malcolm X was gunned down at the Audubon Ballroom in Washington Heights on February 21, 1965.

His daughter said last week a full investigation is needed to get to the bottom of what happened 56 years ago

"Any evidence that provides greater insight into the truth behind that terrible tragedy should be thoroughly investigated,” said Ilyasah Shabazz, the daughter of Malcolm X.

The FBI says it is aware of the letter and that it is cooperating with the Manhattan DA's review.

We reached out to Reggie Wood for a comment on this story but have not heard back.

Comment

Just like civil litigation lawyers, they twist words and slant truths to benefit themselves. I resent one dollar of tax money being spent to investigate this fairytale.

Comment

Originally posted by 509thSFS View Post
                  Just like civil litigation lawyers, they twist words and slant truths to benefit themselves. I resent one dollar of tax money being spent to investigate this fairytale.
                  I'm guessing the alleged letter and the post-marked envelope are never turned into the DA's office.

Comment

NY Posy-Daughter of NYPD cop says letter implicating police in Malcolm X’s death is fake
                    By Jesse O’Neill
                    February 26, 2021 | 6:45pm | Updated

Enlarge Image

Kelly Wood, daughter of former undercover NYPD officer Raymond Wood, says "my father did not write this letter,".G.N.Miller/NYPost
                    MORE ON:
                    MALCOLM X
                    Malcolm X kin: Letter from former cop implicates NYPD, feds in his murder

‘One Night in Miami’ review: Regina King’s directing debut electrifies

National Book Award wins for ‘Interior Chinatown,’ Malcolm X bio

Manhattan DA to revisit Malcolm X’s assassination after new info in Netflix show
                    The daughter of a deceased city police officer claims a letter said to be written by her father — stating the NYPD and FBI were behind the assassination of Malcolm X — is a fraud.
                    Daughters of the civil rights leader teamed up with Reggie Wood, the cousin of former undercover NYPD officer Raymond Wood, last weekend at the scene of the Harlem murder to make the letter public.
                    Kelly Wood debunked its authenticity in an interview with NY1 on Friday.
                    In the letter, Raymond Wood allegedly wrote that NYPD supervisors pressured him into luring two members of Malcolm X’s security detail into committing crimes that led to their arrests, supposedly making the activist an easy target for conspiratorial gunmen at the former Audubon Ballroom in 1965.
                    Wood’s daughter Kelly now tells NY1 the letter was forged and her father’s cousin read it out loud to the media to gain publicity for himself.
                    “I know that my father did not write this letter,” Wood told the cable news station. “I know that is not his signature and I know the envelope they’re using to somehow justify that the letter was mailed is also a fake.”

Malcolm X's daughters released a letter to the public attributed to a former undercover NYPD officer Raymond Wood.
                    G.N.Miller/NYPost.
                    Woods also reportedly disputed the idea that her father would only want the letter to be released after his November death, to avoid facing its consequences.
                    “My father is not a coward. He would have never, ever asked anyone to speak on his behalf after his passing. If he had something to say, he would have said it when he was alive,” she told NY1.
                    A copy of the letter attributed to a former undercover NYPD officer, Raymond Wood on February 16, 2001.G.N.Miller/NYPost
                    Wood added that the signature on the letter was not her father’s.
                    Three members of the Nation of Islam were convicted in the shooting, but some historians and members of Malcom X’s family have expressed doubts that the men were behind the killing.

Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance said last year that his office would reopen the case to investigate if the wrong suspects were arrested.
                    In the wake of the letter, Vance’s office released a statement saying its “review of this matter is active and ongoing.”
                    After the letter was released Saturday, the NYPD told the Post it is cooperating with prosecutors.
                    “Any evidence that provides greater insight into the truth behind that terrible tragedy should be thoroughly investigated,” said Ilyasah Shabazz, one of Malcolm X’s daughters at the Harlem press conference
                    ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. THEN GOD CREATED DESTROYER SAILORS.

Comment

Hey Cape...bust out your pen. THAT is a book that I want to read. I think you have briefly mentioned your UC role...they were some interesting times...C’mon man! That stuff is more interesting than electric cars!

Comment

Working...
                      X