Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The artillary round that hunts tanks on it own.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The artillary round that hunts tanks on it own.

Its called C-DAEM and when mated with the new long range technology of the 155mm arty guns we have it will fire shaped charge projectiles that can deliver shells that can hunt tanks on their own, even in GPS denied environments. I'm assuming it has some iteration of the tri-mode seekers we are putting on glide bombs that are mated to regular 155mm shells and eventually long range Excalibur that will reach out to 70km. An arty mans dream. https://www.popularmechanics.com/mil...0/ai-missiles/

Our latest tri-mode seekers use very low Freq mm-wave radar, IR seekers, and a laser seeker to sniff out their prey. The arty round will be able to self direct towards the radar return its been programmed to home in one and in tandem with the IR seeker the enemy tank wont have anywhere to hide. Even better would be a laser designator , either airborne or on the ground.
    "Deplorableis Extroidinaris"
    A Legend.
    "When a single action or reaction is so outrageous that within 24 hours its the subject of every roll call in the city".

They were talking about making a mortar round like this in the early 90's. The tank would be painted by the FO and the round would have moveable fins to direct it onto the tank. I'm not sure if they ever developed it.
    Alas, they were Democrats, so they cheated.

Comment

Originally posted by CPD39 View Post
      Its called C-DAEM and when mated with the new long range technology of the 155mm arty guns we have it will fire shaped charge projectiles that can deliver shells that can hunt tanks on their own, even in GPS denied environments. I'm assuming it has some iteration of the tri-mode seekers we are putting on glide bombs that are mated to regular 155mm shells and eventually long range Excalibur that will reach out to 70km. An arty mans dream. https://www.popularmechanics.com/mil...0/ai-missiles/

Our latest tri-mode seekers use very low Freq mm-wave radar, IR seekers, and a laser seeker to sniff out their prey. The arty round will be able to self direct towards the radar return its been programmed to home in one and in tandem with the IR seeker the enemy tank wont have anywhere to hide. Even better would be a laser designator , either airborne or on the ground.
      Now if they can transcend that technology to bullets to seek Antifa and related terrorists - well, then you're talkin'! 😁

I'm not your friend, I'm the Police and we're going to get to the bottom of this. When I leave here, I'm gonna have somebody's ass in my briefcase and maybe it's gonna be yours! - Lt. Joe Kenda - Homicide Hunter

Comment

I bet in the future there will be bullets that can change their trajectory if distance allows . No hiding around walls or corners one day .

Comment

These rounds have been around a long time. They usually required leasing by the forward observers but now with drones everywhere the leasing of targets can be done by them.

but let’s face it who are we going to go up against with tanks. Not Russia and not China. We need to defend against suicide bombers

Comment

Originally posted by keltec View Post
            I bet in the future there will be bullets that can change their trajectory if distance allows . No hiding around walls or corners one day .

Comment

The USMC had announced months ago they were doing away with their Tanks. With today's technology, you cannot defend a slow moving target. The bean counters determined that the armor it takes to protect the occupants of a tank would be too heavy and the E4s driving them aren't worth it.
              "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
              George Orwell

Comment

Well the rounds will be effective against more then tanks. Basically you can program them to take out about anything but only armored vehicles or some type of vehicle is worth the expense. We had something like it testing before, a air dropped bomb that spread bomblets in the air and they attacked the thin top armor of armored vehicles, but this is something new. Its even more remarkable since it will be used in the long range artillery.

70 km is a long way for a 155mm to shoot. Thats almost 50 miles.

I love the thought of smelling AI in the morning, slaying our enemies. I cant wait until we have Terminator machines to Loose in Afshitistan caves. Our new LRASM is basically an AI driven anti ship missile. Its algorithm's are so advanced in can avoid sensor detection on its own by reprogramming its flight path and attack route and it can pick and choose what type of ship to hit and where on it. It has a data link that allows it to be reprogrammed in flight and its sneaky as hell.

This is the reason we stick to sub sonic missiles as well, because they have very small IR signature's and LO radar returns. The LRASM missile packs a wallop too, a 1,000lb armor piercing warhead, and a bomber can carry gobs of them as well. They have a range of 400 nm+ and have been successfully tested in the USN VLS tube system. Next up is a submarine firing them.

AI weaponry is the coming thing.
                Last edited by CPD39; 02-22-2021, 09:34 AM.
                "Deplorableis Extroidinaris"
                A Legend.
                "When a single action or reaction is so outrageous that within 24 hours its the subject of every roll call in the city".

Comment

Working...
                X