The Reason Why A Lot Of People Are Leaving San Francisco Might Surprise You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Reason Why A Lot Of People Are Leaving San Francisco Might Surprise You

That Defund the Police is doing wonders for America's liberal cities!

Kieran Blubaugh dreamed of living in California when he was growing up in Indiana. He played the Tony Hawk Pro Skater video game and envisioned himself skateboarding down San Francisco’s crazy hills.

After paying off his student loans four years ago, he landed a job with a tech company and moved to San Francisco. At first, life was heavenly. He had a seven-minute commute on his motorcycle. He could pay $30 to see Incubus, one of his favorite bands, a short walk from his apartment.

Soon, however, his California dream soured. Thieves broke into his locked garage and did $8,000 worth of damage to his motorcycle, doubling his insurance rates. His dog nearly died after eating human feces on the sidewalk. Seeing people either getting arrested or being treated for an overdose outside a nearby building was a regular occurrence.

“And I live in a nice part of town,” said Blubaugh, 33.

Not anymore. On Saturday, Blubaugh moved out of the $4,000-a-month two-bedroom apartment he shared on Russian Hill and moved to Dallas, where he will pay $1,300 a month for a place the same size.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...t-surprise-you

The story of why people are leaving California will dominate upcoming political campaigns. We’re beginning a regular feature called California Exit Interview where we ask some recent ex-Californians why they left

California Exit Interview: Fleeing $17 salads and ‘general lawlessness’

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ca...id=hplocalnews

Manhattan is having a similar slow death.
    Alas, they were Democrats, so they cheated.

My only question for Blubaugh would be who did you for in the last governor and mayor race?

As many posters here like to say; elections have consequences.
    “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• uncivil servant
      uncivil servant commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope he leaves his Democrat vote behind in Cali and vote Red.

Originally posted by Hadenough123 View Post
    My only question for Blubaugh would be who did you for in the last governor and mayor race?

As many posters here like to say; elections have consequences.
    And an even better question: did you learn the important lesson of why you dont vote for Liberal Progressives?

Be a shame if you had to re-live SF in Dallas b/c of too many schmucky voters.

Comment

That's the one where the police commissioner (guy on the "police commission", not the PC) mocked the guy on twitter?

Yeah, that would have gone over big in an opposite scenario.

Comment

Dingleberries like this never change their stripes. he and his ilk will spread and spawn.
        ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. THEN GOD CREATED DESTROYER SAILORS.

Comment

I would have thought they got tired of stepping in human feces as they went out to check what was boosted out of their car this time. 🙄
          Signature.
          "I declare to you the gospel... by which you are saved... Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, He was buried, and He rose again the third day.
          Put your faith and trust in the Person and Work of Christ on the Cross and His Resurrection for the forgiveness of your sins, ask Jesus to forgive you, a sinner and invite Him into your heart and you will be saved from the penalty of your sins in Hell.

Comment

They need to build a wall around California to keep the azzholes in. They created the problem, let them live with it. Their politics are more dangerous than Covid and they must be quarantined.

Comment

Societies require structure and control of its population in order to function successfully. Humans are a tough group to get to live together peaceably in close proximity. Quite dangerous actually. But you guys know that. By the political leaders of San Fran (and New York City, and Chicago, and...) abrogating their responsibilities to see to the security of the non-violent, non-criminal, generally productive segment of their population, they are making these places unlivable. The results we are now seeing ought not come as a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongo View Post
                They need to build a wall around California to keep the azzholes in. They created the problem, let them live with it. Their politics are more dangerous than Covid and they must be quarantined.
                A homeowners worse nightmare is to have a Democrat move in next door.
                “De Oppresso Liber”

Comment

Whenever I see old TV shows that show California Iam always amazed . A state so rich in resources , a huge coast off the Pacific , mountains and deserts inland . Mix in 50 years of democrat liberal rule and they have succeeded in destroying the whole place . In the Adam 12 days about 8000 Cops kept Los Angeles safe and they kicked azz . Now they cant do a damn thing without filling out 10 forms for their Consent Decree . But - the people have to blame themselves . They elected Gov Moonbeam Jerry Brown and then Gavin Newsome who ruined San Francisco so they then gave him the whole state to destroy - and destroy he did .

Comment

• Wobblypops
                    Wobblypops commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm watching emergency right now and I love looking around at the scenery and seeing how nice that state use to be

kaliphuckinfornia is a contaminated state near the point of being condemned.
                  ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. THEN GOD CREATED DESTROYER SAILORS.

Comment

Its all about reducing the Police footprint on the underclass. I dont see what she's whinging about? Did she think it was just a college experiment?

Welcome to reality girlfriend.
                    "Deplorableis Extroidinaris"
                    A Legend.
                    "When a single action or reaction is so outrageous that within 24 hours its the subject of every roll call in the city".

Comment

Gaby Morse, 28, and her partner, Doug Marshall, 30, had been living the dream in London: relishing the creative chaos and thriving on the social life of the capital – and barely noticing that they could only afford to live in separate, tiny flats.

But during the first lockdown, the couple, co-founders of Altaura, an international sound design agency, decided to move from London to Cornwall.

They are just two of the large numbers of young people who have moved out of big cities who say it’s the best decision they ever made – and expect others of their generation to follow them in abandoning metropolitan life.

“Three months locked down in London made us focus on what really matters, and it turns out not to be the hectic nightlife,” said Morse. “What matters is being able to open our front door and be on an empty clifftop or beach within minutes.”
                      I'm thinking it will be at least 10, maybe 20 yrs before these cities begin to attract young professionals. Eventually ppl will forget the pandemic and the next generation will look towards urban areas for something different. But this is IF they dont have to deal with crime and feces stained streets. Considering the Progressive children who run many of these cities that's not likely to happen.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-of-big-cities

Comment

The only 2 things I love about California is the weather and In and Out burgers. Other than that? It can sink into the Pacific for all I care.

Comment

• Wobblypops
                          Wobblypops commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Oh but those huge sequoia trees are breathtakingly beautiful

HSBC cutting their office space by 40%.

Chief Executive Officer Noel Quinn said the bank would end leases on "premises elsewhere in London" when they were due for renewal. He said their Canary Wharf headquarters would be maintained.
                        "We are focused on those offices with support functions and head office activities when we talk about the 40% reduction," Quinn said.

"We believe we'll achieve it via a very different style of working post-COVID with a more hybrid model.
                        Midtown and Lower Manhattan are dying right before our eyes. I'm waiting for some of Bway to bail to places like Vegas, Austin, Nashville, Miami.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/hs...rs-hybrid-work

Comment

Working...
                        X