Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Penske truck rentals insanely expensive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penske truck rentals insanely expensive.

Think I found a loophole.

Need to grab a piece a furniture in Pennsylvania and am leaving from Georgia. Round trip will be about $1300. One way from Pa will be about $1300. One way from where I live to to the next town over with unlimited miles for a three day rental $100.

Just be careful. If they get catch you using the rental outside the agreed contract area, they will crush you $$$

Comment

Originally posted by rtrddet2 View Post
      Just be careful. If they get catch you using the rental outside the agreed contract area, they will crush you $$$
      It’s unlimited miles. Unlimited means unlimited.

Comment

I wonder if U-Haul has tracking devices hidden in their vehicles. If the tracking device is less than $50, and the truck is worth $50K, I think they would do it (unless there's some law about privacy or something).

There is a word for tracking something within a pre-defined area, and it came up in the movie "2000 Mules". Was it geo-fencing? But maybe none of these U-Hauls or rent-a-cars use tracking devices.

I do remember reading about the price difference in California, between the U-Haul price for a one-way trip to Texas, and a one-way trip to California: the trip going out of California was about 10 times more expensive, because of the very high demand. Maybe I can find the article:

here it is: https://www.thedrive.com/news/36430/...ical-right-now

"The dividing line in America is no longer between right or left;
        the choice is between normal or crazy".
        — Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders

Comment

Same thing in NYC, going out to say Florida is a fortune, going from Florida to NYC your doing them a favor as they need the trucks back in NYC anyway for all those moving out. Then again what fucking idiot would move from Florida to NYC?

Comment

Yeah, I’m going to put about 1600 miles on that truck.

Comment

Alas, they were Democrats, so they cheated.

Comment

Working...
              X