Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classified documents in Fmr VP Pence home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classified documents in Fmr VP Pence home.

Fox News ☰

MIKE PENCE Published January 24, 2023 12:04pm EST
    Vice President Mike Pence discovered classified documents in Indiana home
    Pence informed Congress Tuesday he found documents bearing classified markings in his Indiana home on Jan. 16
    Kelly Laco By Kelly Laco | Fox News

Vice President Mike Pence informed Congress Tuesday that he discovered documents bearing classified markings in his Carmel, Indiana, home on Jan. 16 from his time as vice president.

Following the revelations that classified documents from President Biden's tenure as vice president were found at the Penn Biden Center think tank and Wilmington, Delaware, the vice president's team conducted searches of Pence's Indiana home and the office of his political advocacy group, Advancing American Freedom.

Vice President Mike Pence will inform Congress Tuesday that he discovered classified documents in his Carmel, Indiana, home on Jan. 16.
    Vice President Mike Pence will inform Congress Tuesday that he discovered classified documents in his Carmel, Indiana, home on Jan. 16. (Thos Robinson/Getty Images for The New York Times)

According to his team, Pence informed the National Archives on Jan. 18 of a small number of potential classified documents found in two small boxes. Another two boxes contained copies of vice presidential papers. The National Archives then informed the FBI per standard procedure.

Pence attorney Greg Jacob wrote on Jan. 18 to Acting Director Kate Dillon McClure of the White House Liaison Division National Archives and Records Administration to inform her of the papers "containing classified markings."

After the documents with classified markings were discovered, they were immediately put into a safe, according to the Pence team.

The documents were collected by the FBI at Pence's home in Carmel, Indiana, on Thursday evening, Jan. 19. Pence was in Washington, D.C. for the annual March for Life when the FBI collected the documents.

After the documents with classified markings were discovered, they were immediately put into a safe, according to the Pence team.
    After the documents with classified markings were discovered, they were immediately put into a safe, according to the Pence team. (John Lamparski)

Pence's team said that although the documents bear classified markings, the Department of Justice or the agency that issues the documents will need to make a final determination on whether the documents are considered classified or not.

According to Pence's attorney Greg Jacob in a letter to Chief Operating Officer William "Jay" Bosanko of the National Archives and Records Administration on Jan. 22, the DOJ departed from its standard procedures that it ran with Biden, when it requested direct possession of the documents on Jan. 19.

Pence's team said that although the documents bear classified markings, the Department of Justice or the agency that issues the documents will need to make a final determination on whether the documents are considered classified or not.

Pence's team said that although the documents bear classified markings, the Department of Justice or the agency that issues the documents will need to make a final determination on whether the documents are considered classified or not. ((Santiago Mejia/The San Francisco Chronicle via Getty Images))

Other documents that were not identified as potential classified documents were driven from Indiana to the National Archives in Washington, D.C.

No classified docs were found at Pence's Advancing American Freedom office.

The House Oversight Committee confirmed to Fox News Digital that Chairman James Comer, R-Ky., was notified by Pence's team Tuesday regarding the discovery of classified documents in his personal residence.

"Former Vice President Mike Pence reached out today about classified documents found at his home in Indiana," Comer said in a statement. "He has agreed to fully cooperate with congressional oversight and any questions we have about the matter. Former Vice President Pence’s transparency stands in stark contrast to Biden White House staff who continue to withhold information from Congress and the American people."

Kelly Laco is a politics editor for Fox News
    Vice President Mike Pence informed Congress on Tuesday that he discovered classified documents in his Carmel, Indiana, home on Jan. 16.

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
    George Orwell

i’d be willing to bet all the former exec and legislative branch big shots have some documents. doesn’t make it right, but does make me wonder if the government is over classifying things. i remember reading that the number of folks wit ts clearance was so high, it raised the question of what’s the point if so many are cleared.

they tried being petty with trump and forgot they all live in glass houses. i remember someone who had an entire unsecured server full of documents at her residence and nobody said boo.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckaroo Banzai View Post
      i’d be willing to bet all the former exec and legislative branch big shots have some documents. doesn’t make it right, but does make me wonder if the government is over classifying things. i remember reading that the number of folks wit ts clearance was so high, it raised the question of what’s the point if so many are cleared.

they tried being petty with trump and forgot they all live in glass houses. i remember someone who had an entire unsecured server full of documents at her residence and nobody said boo.

Many classified documents have a forever stamp on it, and other documents have a shelf life. Intelligence is perishable. What is good and actionable on lets say October 1st, can be outdated by November 1st. But what is more valuable than "the topic or principal" is the manner in which we gather such intel. This may be the reason why there is so much that remains classified, but in reality, our adversaries have counter intelligence and hacking abilities that probably exposed much of our intelligence before it went on the president's desk.

What we have are laws, and these politicians are always above it, unless they piss particular entities off, then they are targeted for prosecution. I think Pence being so "forthcoming" about his documents was to water down the hoopla over classified documents, which softens the blow on Biden and eventually Trump. You will see the DOJ put more focus on something else Trump did, than those documents in Mar A Lago.
      Last edited by Dustoff262; 01-25-2023, 09:58 AM.
      "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
      George Orwell

Comment

The focus should be who is responsible for distributing these docs and not getting them back and why has this been allowed to continue for who knows how long??
        “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”

Comment

Originally posted by RetirementIsParole View Post
          The focus should be who is responsible for distributing these docs and not getting them back and why has this been allowed to continue for who knows how long??
          How much has been permantly "lost" over the years. And in this modern digital age, are there copies on unsecured "servers and laptops"?
          George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by RetirementIsParole View Post
            Thats what I said ! I get emails out the azz if I have an overdue library book but ya can take classified documents out for a decade and no one notices ??
            “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”

Comment

I’m thinking that there is something way bigger lurking out there that we don’t know about…yet

Comment

George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Lex Ordo View Post
                  I’m thinking that there is something way bigger lurking out there that we don’t know about…yet
                  Fox News host Tucker Carlson explains how the media is covering reports that classified documents were found at former Vice President Mike Pence’s Indiana ho...

Comment

Ted Cruz spoke out on how Senators view classified documents. He made it very clear that it has to be viewed in a SCIF and cannot be removed. What Biden did as a Senator in removing classified documents is a crime. How many classified documents did senator Biden remove? He also asked about the thousands of boxes being housed in the University of Delaware for Biden. When is the FBI going to search that venue?

Ted Cruz calls for search of Biden papers at University of Delaware

https://nypost.com/2023/01/24/sen-cr...y-of-delaware/
                    “put on the full armor of God” to fight the “destructive agenda of Joe Biden"... Ronald Dion DeSantis, 8/2022

Comment

When we going to see the trove of classified documents in possession of the Citizen of the World, Barry Bin Obama? Oh wait....NEVER because....welll...... you know why.

Comment

For some reason, Pence jumped on the Biden classified docs grenade.

One deep state tool protecting another, no doubt

Comment

WTF ! Why would Pence announce this? Proves he was just another RINO!

Comment

Originally posted by guardianAngel View Post
                            WTF ! Why would Pence announce this? Proves he was just another RINO!
                            I dont think he's a RINO. But it does help Trump more than Biden. He just blurred the importance of classification, not necessarily the material involved.
                            George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                            X