San Diego PD shooting, January 17, 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego PD shooting, January 17, 2023

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
    George Orwell

What a great resource, to have a police helicopter. But how many cities can afford one? Maybe 5 to 10 cities in the whole country? I wonder if a drone can do a similar job and cost 100 times less?

"The dividing line in America is no longer between right or left;
    the choice is between normal or crazy".
    — Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders

Comment

Yes, drones with thermal imaging is a big substitute. Small and unintrusive to the airspace they occupy. The only issue is flight time. So several drones might be needed to extend coverage and quicker acquisition.
      "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
      George Orwell

Comment

77 yo Geezer had earlier stabbed his 66 yo female business to death in the Pharmacy they had jointly owned - He got told in NO uncertain terms that he would be shot if he went for that Shotgun so good job SDSD!

Comment

Originally posted by maxk View Post
          What a great resource, to have a police helicopter. But how many cities can afford one? Maybe 5 to 10 cities in the whole country? I wonder if a drone can do a similar job and cost 100 times less?
          Even though I flew a PD helo, I agree with this 100%. Smaller, quieter, cheaper and easy to deploy on scene. You can also use a drone for interior building Intel. Many Departments are embracing this technology.

Comment

Condition corrected all units 98

Comment

Working...
            X