NY Civil Liberties Union: SRG MUST BE DISBANDED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Civil Liberties Union: SRG MUST BE DISBANDED

When the 2020 Race Riots began, there were a few here who realized that this SRG unit would be, in the eyes of the Democrats and the Left, the ultimate "fall guy" for all things wrong with the NYPD, because of their specific job, that is, to suppress citywide riots in which the racial rioters committed mayhem, looting, and arson.

Now, however, the NYCLU has realized that the amount of "reparations" achieved during the riots by their "clients" wasn't enough, because of the efficiency of the SRG, since, had the SRG not been around, it would have been left to the totally undermanned Precincts to handle the riots which, of course, the Precincts could not do, leaving the "clients" to gather up more from a wider sector of stores.

So now the NYCLU wants to do away with the SRG (in anticipation of a Summer of 2023?)....

ny1.com
    Advocates critical of decision to postpone Council hearing on NYPD Strategic Response Group

Spectrum News Staff
    1-2 minutes
    Advocates are speaking out after a City Council hearing on the NYPD’s Strategic Response Group scheduled for Monday was postponed.

Donna Lieberman, executive director of the New York Civil Liberties Union, and Micah Phillips of Crown Heights C.A.R.E. Collective joined NY1’s Dean Meminger to talk about SRG’s tactics and more.

According to Lieberman, the hearing isn’t happening because the NYPD allegedly refused to show up.

“We think the hearing should happen anyway,” she said. “It’s important for New Yorkers, over 100 of whom have lined up to testify tomorrow, gotten ready to testify about their experiences and the harm that SRG has caused.”

According to a City Council spokesperson the hearing has been moved to March 1 "without any further delay."

“This is an important topic and we are committed to ensuring the robust oversight New Yorkers deserve," a City Council spokesperson said in a statement.
    The NYCLU is having a protest Monday morning on City Hall’s steps to demand transparency and accountability from the SRG.

Here's how the NYCLU really feels about the SRG Units, from a "field organizer," failing to mention the above-mentioned mayhem, looting, and arson (edited)....

The NYPD’s Strategic Response Group Must Be Disbanded

Throughout the summer of 2020, I spent almost every day on the ground at protests, both as a monitor and a protester. During those months, I would come to experience nearly every one of the SRG’s tactics: from being pepper sprayed and beaten with batons, to being trapped by brigades of body armor-clad police with nowhere to run. And still, the violence that I experienced pales in comparison to the police’s disproportionate brutalization of Black and Brown protesters. Police treat them like enemy combatants instead of people protesting for their right to safety.
    The whole thing....
    If you’ve attended a racial justice protest in New York City, you’re likely familiar with the NYPD’s Strategic Response Group. Whether you know it by name or recognize them as police officers donning tactical gear and helmets, the SRG has become a staple of protest policing, best known for its rampant abuse of protesters. In 2021, the NYCLU and more than 50 organizations from

I wonder what the SRG make up is???
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day, unless it's a military clock. The above post was not approved or corrected for grammar and syntax, or checked for spelling by the forums administrators.

Comment

Hey nyclu/aclu-phuck off you communist bastards. Hey COD Maddrey, stand up and tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine. Commissioner, pull all the police coverage from the areas these libtards live and work in.
      ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. THEN GOD CREATED DESTROYER SAILORS.

Comment

SRG: NYCLU must go! 🤨

I would never raise my voice because it’s frightening to people. Instead, I would calmly state "my name is Kenda from the Police Department; you are under arrest for murder. If you don’t do what I say, I’m gonna kill you right here, right now!" - Lt. Joe Kenda - Homicide Hunter

Comment

at the time...

Insp. Graham...

was trying to...

"take me under his wing"...

to stay and go into...

a disorder control unit...

SRG it was later named...

chose to retire instead...

look at the fun I missed...

Comment

Rebrand SRG. Task Force sounds nice.

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
              Rebrand SRG. Task Force sounds nice.
              Look at the new boss ,same as the old boss.

Comment

SRG = "Sounded Really Good"

Comment

Originally posted by clownnose View Post
                  at the time...

Insp. Graham...

was trying to...

"take me under his wing"...

to stay and go into...

a disorder control unit...

SRG it was later named...

chose to retire instead...

look at the fun I missed...
                  I worked with him when he was Lieutenant Graham……💪👊😵
                  How’s that “Defund the Police” working out for you?😂

Comment

Let's make it interesting and go back to old school "Tactical Patrol Force". That will really give these cry baby fucks something to whine about.

Comment

Working...
                    X