Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD LICENSE DIVISION- NYS CCIA LICENSE RENEWAL PISTOL SAFETY COURSE & RETIRED LEOs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD LICENSE DIVISION- NYS CCIA LICENSE RENEWAL PISTOL SAFETY COURSE & RETIRED LEOs

I've seen a redacted UF49 issued by the Lic Div whose authenticity I haven't yet confirmed declare any retired Police/Peace Officer-city resident with an active LEOSA ID is exempt from the license renewal pistol safety course requirement.

To be continued

If they made EVERYONE qualify at the range, I would not object. We have gun enthusiasts here but most retirees ain't.

Comment

NJ made retired Cops get a special permit from the State Police after filling out a bunch of forms and sending them 55 bucks . So NJ was sued and a Judge ruled in our favor telling NJ that HR218 supersedes their stupid law and we can carry hollow points . So I qualified last month and asked the instructor if I still needed a State permit and he said "Nobodys sure yet " .

Like an idiot I go on line and the NJSP application site makes it sound like you must get the permit still . I filled out the forms , paid the money but forgot one form and got an email from a woman in the gun unit . I emailed the woman in th NJSP Firearms unit and asked her if I really needed a State permit still and she answered "We cannot give legal advice " - WTF ??

Now I find out that we DONT need the permit anymore , the damn State Police "Offer" the choice to still get the permit . But they dont send you the card anymore you are supposed to print out your permit and carry the paper on ya . They will not actually tell you that you dont need the permit any more - their website still displays the NJ ROCP law when it was created years ago making it sound like its mandatory .

I hate this fking state . Thats the last time I get a state permit and waste $ 55 .
      Last edited by keltec; 09-22-2022, 11:56 AM.
      “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”

Comment

Originally posted by keltec View Post
        NJ made retired Cops get a special permit from the State Police after filling out a bunch of forms and sending them 55 bucks . So NJ was sued and a Judge ruled in our favor telling NJ that HR218 supersedes their stupid law and we can carry hollow points . So I qualified last month and asked the instructor if I still needed a State permit and he said "Nobodys sure yet " .

Like an idiot I go on line and the NJSP application site makes it sound like you must get the permit still . I filled out the forms , paid the money but forgot one form and got an email from a woman in the gun unit . I emailed the woman in th NJSP Firearms unit and asked her if I really needed a State permit still and she answered "We cannot give legal advice " - WTF ??

Now I find out that we DONT need the permit anymore , the damn State Police "Offer" the choice to still get the permit . But they dont send you the card anymore you are supposed to print out your permit and carry the paper on ya . They will not actually tell you that you dont need the permit any more - their website still displays the NJ ROCP law when it was created years ago making it sound like its mandatory .

I hate this fking state . Thats the last time I get a state permit and waste $ 55 .
        Get the permit. It exempts you from the federal school gun free zone stuff.

Comment

Correct, with one caveat, only in the state(s) that issued the permit

Comment

RIP; Your extensive knowledge of HR-218 and your dissemination of what you learn is always appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Thank you, I do my best

Comment

There is new “ rumors” that the licensing division are going to require retirees to take the “ new training course” if they didn’t continuously maintain their HR218 qualification .

Comment

I don't know how one would prove they've continually maintained their LEOSA status unless they retained every previously expired ID, I'm sure most qualifiers purge their records of expired retirees when they issue the new IDs because there's no necessity to maintain them.

Comment

I have kept every card issued. I always worried about a “retroactive” complaint. Just my anal NYPD mind

Comment

Of all the units in the NYPD the License Division is the most corrupt. LT Paul Dean and Company took all those bribes to issue licenses to people who had no business having firearms.

Comment

The entire process is designed to discourage aging retirees from renewing their permits. I'm somewhat tech savvy, but I worked in an office with retirees in their 60's and 70's who were sharp, but not too proficient with computers. I always did their renewals for them. We all agreed this was instituted to make people walk away and not renew. Why should we have to renew every three years anyway?? Its ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Santos View Post
                          The entire process is designed to discourage aging retirees from renewing their permits. I'm somewhat tech savvy, but I worked in an office with retirees in their 60's and 70's who were sharp, but not too proficient with computers. I always did their renewals for them. We all agreed this was instituted to make people walk away and not renew. Why should we have to renew every three years anyway?? Its ridiculous.
                          One word: control…….it’s the same reason retiree ID cards now have expiration dates on them. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Santos View Post
                            The entire process is designed to discourage....renewing their permits.....
                            This

Comment

Originally posted by RetirementIsParole View Post
                              I don't know how one would prove they've continually maintained their LEOSA status unless they retained every previously expired ID, I'm sure most qualifiers purge their records of expired retirees when they issue the new IDs because there's no necessity to maintain them.
                              They are saying they will except the current LEOSA and only start the look back starting from now forward.

Comment

Working...
                              X