No announcement yet.

Reparations should be paid for slavery…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reparations should be paid for slavery…

… by the African Kings and Queens who placed slaves in cages on African beaches to be sold. Don Lemmon got served a Reverse Draw four Racial Uno Card. Why get reparations from the lowly drug dealer on the corner slinging poison when you should go right to El Chapo?

Don Lemon is stunned into silence when royal commentator says African kings should pay reparations

By Vanessa Serna For Dailymail.Com 11:56 EDT 20 Sep 2022 , updated 12:03 EDT 20 Sep 2022
    anchor Don Lemon was at a loss for words after a royal commentator told him reparations are necessary - but they should be demanded from the African chiefs who sold their subjects into slavery.

Lemon interviewed Hilary Fordwich on the day of 's funeral and suggested the British should pay reparations.

Lemon said: 'Well, this is coming when... all of this wealth, and you hear about it, comes as England is facing rising costs of living, a living crisis, austerity budget cuts, and so on.

'And then you have those who are asking for reparations for colonialism, and they're wondering, you know, $100 billion, $24 billion here and there, $500 million there.

'Some people want to be paid back and members of the public are wondering, why are we suffering when you have all of this vast wealth? Those are legitimate concerns.'

Fordwich answered: 'Well, I think you're right about reparations in terms of if people want it though. What they need to do - is you always need to go back to the beginning of a supply chain, where was the beginning of the supply chain?

'That was in Africa, and when it crossed the entire world, when slavery was taking place. Which was the first nation in the world that abolished slavery? The first nation in the world to abolish it, it was started by William Wilberforce, was the British.

'In Great Britain, they abolished slavery. 2,000 Naval men died on the high seas trying to stop slavery. Why? Because the African kings were rounding up their own people, they had them on cages waiting in the beaches, no one was running into Africa to get them.

'And I think you’re totally right. If reparations needs to be paid, we need to go right back to the beginning of that supply chain and say, ‘who was rounding up their own people and having them handcuffed in cages? Absolutely. That’s where they should start.

'And maybe, I don’t know, the descendants of those families where they died at the in the high seas trying to stop the slavery, that those families should receive something too I think at the same time.'

Lemon is stunned into silence after bringing up slave reparations
    CNN anchor Don Lemon interviewed Hilary Fordwich on the night of Queen Elizabeth II's funeral. The anchor suggested the royal family should pay slavery reparations The interview between Lemon and Fordwich occurred the evening of the Queen's funeral Lemon is a famous CNN anchor Hilary Fordwich is a regular royal commentator and business consultant
    The royal commentator's response immediately silenced Lemon as he decided to conclude the interview.

'It's an interesting discussion,' Lemon said. 'Thank you so much, I appreciate it. We'll continue to discuss in the future.'

Britain was the first country in the world to abolish slavery permanently.

Some other countries imposed limited bans, but in 1833 the trade was abolished in the UK with the Slavery Abolition Act.

African leaders played a part in trading their own people to European countries as the demand grew.

The Portuguese would purchase enslaved Africans that had been held captive since the tribal wars. Africans would also transport slaves to the coastline to sell them off to Europeans, according to

Royal commenter Fordwich is a global business consultant and a regular media contributor, according to her . She has regularly commented on everything royals since the Queen's passing on September 8.

Fordwich is 'a national Royal Watcher' for networks, including Sunday Morning, CNN and CBS. She has covered every royal wedding since William and Kate.

The interview with the royal commentator came days after CNN announced Lemon would be retiring his night primetime show for a morning gig with Poppy Harlow and Kaitlan Collins.

Some on Twitter speculated that Lemon's lack of response to Fordwich was a result of CNN's 'new policy' to not bash conservatives and deliver 'fair news' amid the recent wave of layoffs of infamous liberal journalists at the media group.

Lemon spoke up for the first time on Thursday about CNN's latest shakeup and dubbed the change a promotion. He insisted that the network wasn't making him change his left-leaning views after his colleagues - who were overly critical of Donald Trump and the GOP - were fired.

'This is not someone saying you must move to the right, Don Lemon, and must not give so much of your perspective. None of that has happened,' Lemon said. 'All of that is Fodder for Twitter.

'I was not demoted. None of that. This is an opportunity. This is a promotion.' Kaitlan Collins Poppy Harlow CEO Chris Licht (above) called the trio 'compelling and reliable' as CNN experiences a shift in operations, with Licht leading the purge against journalists overly critical of the GOP
    Lemon's new production with Harlow and Collins will replace the 'New Day' show hosted by John Berman and Brianna Keilar that runs from 6 to 9am.

The call is one of CNN's new CEO Chris Licht's most prominent decisions as he seeks to rid of and steer the outlet away from 'opinion-based partisan news' and anchors who slam conservatives and the GOP.

CNN has been purging itself of the reputation of being a woke media source since Licht pledged to make the network reliable to the people again by halting the slander of Republicans.

The new movement has resulted in the termination of popular CNN hosts, including John Harwood and Brian Stelter, along with their shows.

Licht previously warned CNN staffers that changes to the network were coming to the network that they would 'not understand' or 'like.'
    CNN anchor Don Lemon is at a loss of words after a royal commentator told him reparations are necessary - but they should be demanded from the African chiefs who sold them into slavery.

It's a good start against the raperations crowd. How bout the taxpayers get reparations for paying welfare to generations?
    ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. THEN GOD CREATED DESTROYER SAILORS.

Comment

That was a great freaking answer !! Its absolutely true too . One of my co workers did an ancestry history check on his family . He found out his ancestors on his moms side were slaves ...but on his Dads side they were slave traders !! I admit I laughed when he told me .

What do the families of all those dead union soldiers get for freeing the slaves ? Can a family of a Cop killed by those descendants get some reparations too ?
      Last edited by keltec; 09-20-2022, 07:01 PM.
      “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”

Comment

Originally posted by keltec View Post
        That was a great freaking answer !! Its absolutely true too . One of my co workers did an ancestry history chack on his family . He found out his ancestors on his moms side were slaves ...but on his Dads side they were slave traders !! I admit I laughed when he told me .

What do the families of all those dead union soldiers get for freeing the slaves ? Can a family of a Cop killed by those descendants get some reparations too ?
        Go back far enough, “Some people did some things.” - Ilhan Omar

Comment

Just like college loans.... why don't the schools refund the money instead of us taxpayers
          WE ARE SO AFRAID OF LOSING ANYTHING THAT WE HAVE ALLOWED OURSELVES TO LOSE EVERYTHING.

Comment

Originally posted by Wobblypops View Post
            Just like college loans.... why don't the schools refund the money instead of us taxpayers
            Because they spent it on things, like Gender Studies professors.

Comment

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/stat...45367512190978
              "Let's Go Brandon" - Kelli Stavast, NBC news, 10/2/21

Comment

Excellent come back. Slavery, indentured servitude was the way civilizations existed before it became morally repugnant.

We can't look at history with today's eyes and expect to understand it. We will never know how much culture and the rules of warfare fueled the slave trade.

Even today, the same areas practice selling their own kids into slavery or prostitution, while others kidnap children and force them into guerilla servitude. Absolutely no difference of how humans treated their own kind from 3-400 yrs ago and beyond.

Want reparations? Go back to the African continent and find the tribes responsible.
                "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
                George Orwell

Comment

And what about the many black immigrants from Africa and the Caribbean. Do we have to pay for wrongdoing in other countries? If so, we can all collect.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustoff262 View Post
                    Excellent come back. Slavery, indentured servitude was the way civilizations existed before it became morally repugnant.

We can't look at history with today's eyes and expect to understand it. We will never know how much culture and the rules of warfare fueled the slave trade.

Even today, the same areas practice selling their own kids into slavery or prostitution, while others kidnap children and force them into guerilla servitude. Absolutely no difference of how humans treated their own kind from 3-400 yrs ago and beyond.

Want reparations? Go back to the African continent and find the tribes responsible.
                    Nazi Pelousi when she kneeled in Congress was wearing a African tribal band over her. It's from the tribe that sold many into slavery. Oh well.
                    ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. THEN GOD CREATED DESTROYER SAILORS.

Comment

Talk about being bitch slapped 😂😂
                      Last edited by 19pct; 09-20-2022, 10:20 PM.
                      God Bless Our Troops At Home And Abroad .

Comment

• Well I didn't realize this thread was even here so I'll delete the one I started.

A little History less from the History guy about slavery

Well while this woman was right to roast Don Lemon, who is an idiot,https://www.foxnews.com/media/don-le...arations-ready about slavery the actual History of the British Empire and slavery is far more convoluted. We'll start with their slave act of 1807. This Slave act was mostly horse shit because the only slavery it actually ended didn't even exist because you already couldn't own slaves in England itself so it was mostly jerk off Legislation. It didn't end slavery in the British Empire, in fact England was the biggest slave trader in the world and had monopoly on the trans-oceanic slave trades in both the Atlantic and in Asia. All it really did was say "you shouldn't own slaves".

It basically said the slave trade "should be" abolished which would lead to the end of the Transatlantic slave trade, but remember, in the same year America ended the legal transatlantic slave trade too. In 1807. Slavers from both countries basically ignored the acts because slavery was so lucrative Capt.'s be they Portuguese, Spanish, American, British, privateers, would just dump their slaves in the oceans when they saw a ship of the RN or USN approaching. Besides by this time the British colonies in the Caribbean had so many slaves, which self produced more slaves, they didn't need more slaves anyway shipped across the oceans. And the 1807 act did nothing about the Asian slave trade. Which brings us to the Slave Act of 1833 passed by Parliament.

This act freed the slaves in the British Caribbean colonies but there was a hitch. First off the slaves had to still be slaves for a period of 4 years at which time they weren't compensated but instead their owners, the rich slave owners, were compensated by the British Govt. to the tune of 5% of Britain's GNP, or 20 million pounds stirling altogether. The slaves, who were then finally freed, then had to work on the same plantations for very little money and in the same deplorable conditions. And still this act of 1833 said or did nothing about England's lucrative Asian slave trade. Nor did it prohibet the Brits from investing into the American slave trade.

So the Caribbean sugar plantations were just as lucrative as before, if not more, and these wealthy Brit land owners just invested more money into America's southern cotton growing plantations, which still used fucking slaves LOL. Remember right up to the end of the Civil War the Brits flirted with the idea of coming in on the side of the South? It was because they had so much capitol tied up in the production of cotton and indigo.

And still the powerful British East India Tea Company traded and exploited slaves in Asia with no restrictions. In fact the company had its own army which was twice the size of the British Army at the time, about 1/4th million soldiers, and was so powerful they were specifically excluded from the Slave Act of 1833. This company was so powerful they basically ruled over India. They not only monopolized the Asian slave trade they also controlled the trade of tea, opium and other products. They were so cruel eventually the Injun's revolted and the company was taken over by the British Govt., which made money off the trade of goods up to the time of Injun Independence.

The British were the biggest slave traders in History, at least among the western nations. So remember all this when you get some snooty little British prick talk about all they did to abolish the slave trade, like in the movie "Amistad" with the snooty RN Officer talking out his ass.

But at the time slavery was so common many free American blacks in the original 13 states owned slaves. Indian's owned slaves. African's owned a lot of African slaves. And the Brits, long after slavery became out of fashion, used cute little words like "indentured servitude" to still practice slavery.

So Don Lemon might be a nitwit but so is this woman. She is right however about the slave trade being supported by African and A-rab tribes which in modern time's captured, 1500 AD to 1890 AD, 22 million black African's and sold them into the slave trade. The A-rabs were big players. Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, the big tribal nations of west Africa. These African's and A-rabs made fortunes in the trans-oceanic slave trades.

We shall never surrender", and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.
                        Winston Churchill 04 June 1940

Comment

How about repatriations to white people for all the mayhem they (the usual suspects) caused over the years?
                          Last edited by PressurePointCop; 09-20-2022, 08:25 PM.

Comment

All the savagery could’ve been avoided if we did only learn to pick her own cotton
                            Huge midgets, they must be six feet tall.

Comment

Democrats love to demonize the White face and rewrite history but slavery was around way before our forefathers. The Native Americans had enslaved other tribes. I believe the Apache and Navajo had captured Mexicans and Central Americans as slaves.

The left is in an uproar over a new movie called "The woman King" because it highlights black Africans selling other blacks as slaves. A big NO NO. 😂
                              “put on the full armor of God” to fight the “destructive agenda of Joe Biden"... Ronald Dion DeSantis, 8/2022

Comment

Working...
                              X