UPDATE** Does Aaron Judge have a shot at a new AL home run record? YES 61

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE** Does Aaron Judge have a shot at a new AL home run record? YES 61

I know we hate the bullshit BLM kneeling and wokeism involved with MLB. It has infiltrated everywhere, except hockey. But the once great NYPD had white shitts doing the same thing for the photo op.

But this is a big deal. For Yankee fans, for a chance at a real untarnished home run record, and for the City of NY as a whole. I think the night Aaron Judge is about to tie or move ahead on the list, the entire city will be glued to their TVs. Right now, its the only thing that can boost the moral amidst terrible economic numbers, crime spiking, and a tight 2022 election.

He currently sits with 55 hrs with 21 games left. He is on pace to hit 63 which is on pace with one per 2.6 games. His swing is devastating. I just hope he isnt on any PEDs.
    Last edited by Dustoff262; 09-13-2022, 09:09 PM.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
    George Orwell

Until they went woke I was a lifelong Yankee fan, worked the stadium his first full season. Now I no longer care.

Comment

Judge has hit 2 hrs tonight. He is now at 57.

I felt the same. But is there anything that NYers can get excited about? What he is doing, clean, at such a young age and in the least time, is a feat that can instill great interest in the Yankees again.

Maybe not like the Jeter years, but this one thing for the record book is getting ppl hyped up once again.

Was looking at Ted Williams stats, and he definitely had a shot at beating Babe Ruth's all time record had it not been for the 3 yrs he missed during WW2, but even he only hit 49 as his top single season.

The HRs in the old original stadium were mammoth shots, and both Mantle and Maris crushed them. This kid Aaron isn't getting cheated this year.

The one to watch for is the Japanese player on the Angel's. Shohei Ohtani is a pitcher with 34 hrs. When he isn't pitching, he's the designated hitter. Reminds me of another pitcher slugger. Babe Ruth.
      "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
      George Orwell

Comment

It may be a little too soon to, a, ahem, JUDGE! 😉

I would never raise my voice because it’s frightening to people. Instead, I would calmly state "my name is Kenda from the Police Department; you are under arrest for murder. If you don’t do what I say, I’m gonna kill you right here, right now!" - Lt. Joe Kenda - Homicide Hunter

Comment

Judge coming up shortly in the top of the 10th against the Sawx, already hit two tonight! Whether he beats the record or not, he is a class act and the Yankees NEED to re-sign Judge!
          Let's go Brandon!

Comment

Eh... dunno about class act. He was one of those kneelers 2 yrs ago, but a lot of ppl got swept up in that trend.

He's far from being anything like Jeter, Posada, or Mariano. He was born about 10 years too late to have their type of class rub off on him.
            George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Dustoff262 View Post
              Judge has hit 2 hrs tonight. He is now at 57.

I felt the same. But is there anything that NYers can get excited about? What he is doing, clean, at such a young age and in the least time, is a feat that can instill great interest in the Yankees again.

Maybe not like the Jeter years, but this one thing for the record book is getting ppl hyped up once again.

Was looking at Ted Williams stats, and he definitely had a shot at beating Babe Ruth's all time record had it not been for the 3 yrs he missed during WW2, but even he only hit 49 as his top single season.

The HRs in the old original stadium were mammoth shots, and both Mantle and Maris crushed them. This kid Aaron isn't getting cheated this year.

The one to watch for is the Japanese player on the Angel's. Shohei Ohtani is a pitcher with 34 hrs. When he isn't pitching, he's the designated hitter. Reminds me of another pitcher slugger. Babe Ruth.
              TW was also recalled for the Korean War, losing another year. Hope he does it and shittes on Bonds, Sosa and McGuire.
              ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. THEN GOD CREATED DESTROYER SAILORS.

Comment

73 HRs is hard to beat, but Judge can probably get close to it. With 2 dingers tonight, he is 4 from tying the AL record. 5 from taking it. 20 games left. He could get 68 with a good streak, but it's a stretch.
                Last edited by Dustoff262; 09-14-2022, 08:41 AM.
                George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Dustoff262 View Post
                  Eh... dunno about class act. He was one of those kneelers 2 yrs ago, but a lot of ppl got swept up in that trend.

He's far from being anything like Jeter, Posada, or Mariano. He was born about 10 years too late to have their type of class rub off on him.

There will never be another Jeter, Mariano or Dimagio, we have what our culture and our generation allow us to have. I don't think there are many players in MLB who live clean lives and exemplify the good in a person the way Judge does. Comparing Judge to Jeter, or any other player from a different generation is like comparing policing of 2022 to policing of 1992, there is NO comparison, not by the fault of the Cops, but because the police of each generation are what they are, based on the culture of the times.

Yes, he kneeled, it disgusted me, annoyed me, and turned me off baseball for a season, but compared to Aaron Hicks or so many others in MLB and professional sports, Judge is one of the good guys...
                  Let's go Brandon!

Comment

I think I read they juiced up the ball this year by 10% and stopped testing for PED's. I dont quite remember because I dont quite give a shit. Were it not for this thread I wouldn't be able to even name one player in MLB, its the first video of it Ive watched in years.

But I did notice all the empty seats, and for such a high profile team like the Yank's?

I used to like going to the WS games when the Yanks were in town. Last time I spent big money on box seats on the right field line. Well it turns out theres a lot of Yank fans in Chicago so now Im sitting in the middle of them. Worst of all I got a guy who must have weigh 500 lbs sitting next to me and it was 99% on the field which meant it was 103% in the stands when seated next to a walrus. It was miserable.

3rd inning I told the wife "were out of here" and I swore never again would I go to a sporting contest. Do they even line up for the anthem anymore?
                    We shall never surrender", and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.
                    Winston Churchill 04 June 1940

Comment

[QUOTE=CPD39;n124037]I think I read they juiced up the ball this year by 10% and stopped testing for PED's.

If the ball is juiced (has happened before) that still doesn't account for Judge thus far having 57 with the next closest guy (Kyle Schwarber) with 37. A difference of 20 between the one and two leaders is pretty astounding.

They're still testing. That kid, Fernando Tatis, one of the games great young players and someone MLB has been promoting as its "face" just got nailed with an 80 game hit for PED's. No way the League takes on that type of humiliation if their testing were non existent or rigged.

Comment

Tatis needed that substance to treat his ringworm. Yeah right.
                        And the cocaine got in my system from having oral sex with my boyfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by Fts2005 View Post
                          Tatis needed that substance to treat his ringworm. Yeah right.
                          And the cocaine got in my system from having oral sex with my boyfriend.
                          There could be worse ways. 🤣😅
                          George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Bndb View Post

There will never be another Jeter, Mariano or Dimagio, we have what our culture and our generation allow us to have. I don't think there are many players in MLB who live clean lives and exemplify the good in a person the way Judge does. Comparing Judge to Jeter, or any other player from a different generation is like comparing policing of 2022 to policing of 1992, there is NO comparison, not by the fault of the Cops, but because the police of each generation are what they are, based on the culture of the times.

Yes, he kneeled, it disgusted me, annoyed me, and turned me off baseball for a season, but compared to Aaron Hicks or so many others in MLB and professional sports, Judge is one of the good guys...
                            Remember what Jeter did after Ferguson. His retirement commercials by I forget what company cut out the cops. Hicks is a no load weak kneed pussie. After another police shooting last year of a you know who, coach I can't play today. Them cops out there might shoot me. And he sat. Judge apparently lives a quiet life with his wife and that's how it should be. Come to play, go home to family. Then again MLB is not the national felon league or the national ballet association.
                            ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. THEN GOD CREATED DESTROYER SAILORS.

Comment

The next few days will tell where his home run streak will go. The closer to 60, the more pressure there is. Its a threshold like the sound barrier. Once he gets past 60, he is tied with Babe Ruth. He settles down. Then 2 more and he has the AL record. Will pitchers decide they do not want to be the one who gives up his tie breaker and start throwing junk? Yeah, that might happen too. Will MLB tell its managers not to play that way? Maybe.

I am just beginning to feel excited for NYC and the NY Yankees have something to cheer about. Even the Met Fans are getting into it. Its a sense of pride for New York. What Sammy Sosa, Mark McGuire, Barry Bonds did was overlooked because the MLB strike cost the franchises billions. But that led to a great portion of players using PEDs, and lots of them ruined their careers with injuries and early retirements.
                              George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                              X